Can anyone suggest a smaller weather and clock widget?

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if a smaller weather and clock widget was available because the stock one takes up too much space and hides the wallpaper on home screen. Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if a smaller weather and clock widget was available because the stock one takes up too much space and hides the wallpaper on home screen. Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
I have an app widget called Digital Clock Widget which looks like the one for the iPhone. It's not small, but it's transparent. You might be able to change the size in the settings though. For weather, I have the Weather Channel app. Word to the wise though, turn off the alert notifications or you'll get everything from high winds to kittens stuck in trees. My home screen is attached so you can see them:

Well, I tried to attach but it didn't work.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

MacGal01

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been using One More Clock (free version) since AC did a review on it. Works pretty well and has many different clocks to choose from.

Dark Guitar Lord

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm using One More Clock Widget and they have a ton of choices to choose from. Great customization. My current screen has a 2X4 widget that is transparent. Nice app for free.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
There are more weather and clock widgets out there than fleas on a Mississippi '**** dog. I use HD Widgets, which has some really good looking ones.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I"ve been using HD Widgets, it has a lot of different features and clock styles......I like it, it works for me :D

crabbz

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried a bunch and settled on wmd-weather. It is fairly small and no goofy permissions. It has different backgrounds and icon sets you can download through the settings.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I stuck up for HD Widgets and then it started eating my battery like crazy, even with all their battery saving tips checked off. I know it was the culprit because when I uninstalled it, my battery worked fine again. I'm talking about a 15% drop an hour without using the phone. I use the clock in the notification bar now...lol I use weatherbug elite for the weather.

jc411

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm using weatherbug elite at the moment.. but if you want a very customizable westher/clock download UCCW widget then look up UCCW skins on the play store.

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I am loving some 1Weather. Drop this with a clock widget of your choosing and you get better space efficiency and more functionality.

You might also consider a custom ROM that allows you to change your DPI resolution; I found the stock settings to feel like I was using a geezer device with BIG LETTERS AND NUMBERS AND STUFF.