Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default Email Problelm

I recently moved from a Thunderbolt to a GS lll and I'm having a problem with my yahoo email account. My yahoo email on my phone is not syncing with any of my other devices. When I go into my settings, it says that my sync is disabled but I can't find a way to turn it on. I've deleted my yahoo account off of the phone and re-installed it but I'm still having the same issue. Is there anyone that can give me any help or advice? Thank you in advance for you help
    BFBrazier

Default Re: Email Problelm

Are you using the stock email app, or the Yahoo mail app?

In the stock mail app, tap Menu / Settings, then your Yahoo account. Scroll down to the Data usage subsection and make sure "Sync Email" is checked. Then tap Sync Schedule and make sure Peak schedule and Off-peak schedule are set to something reasonable (and not "Never").
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Are you using the stock email app, or the Yahoo mail app?

In the stock mail app, tap Menu / Settings, then your Yahoo account. Scroll down to the Data usage subsection and make sure "Sync Email" is checked. Then tap Sync Schedule and make sure Peak schedule and Off-peak schedule are set to something reasonable (and not "Never").
    Thank you for your reply. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it using the "other" link and not the yahoo link and that solved my issue. Thanks again for your help.
    BFBrazier