swype not working?

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Every time i try using swype it wont come up and will just slow down my phone. Samsung keyboard works but sucks. I tried swift key as well but still was doing the same thing as swype, anyone had this problem as well?

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I had swift key installed and was suffering from serious lag.I'm talking like 5 plus second wait in between letters.I switched to the Swype and haven't looked back.I would say check your setting s for your keyboard also you might need to delete Swift key from your phone then try activating Swype again I'd that doesn't work you might need a reset

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Swype and Swiftkey Flow both work very well on my SIII. I would suggest a reboot, then battery pull and, as other poster suggested, factory reset.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Swype Beta was integrated into the default keyboard with JB. Doesn't work the same as it did before. It's no longer available on play.google
I installed Swiftkey 2 and am happier with that.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
What Swype version are you using? You need to go to the Swype website and have it send the latest version to your phone. Mine just updated this week to version 1.4.5.12537. It works great and fast on my S3.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Swype Beta was integrated into the default keyboard with JB. Doesn't work the same as it did before. It's no longer available on play.google
I installed Swiftkey 2 and am happier with that.

Search Google for Swype Beta, you can go to the website and download it. Swype Beta works better than the Swype on the phone and has some extra personalization.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

cqpearson

May 30, 2012
Visit site
A note appeared today on my SwiftKey3 keyboard asking if I wanted to activate the Swype option. I said yes and it works flawlessly! 5 stars from a Galaxy S2 user.

Most are news watchers, others are news makers.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Swype and Swiftkey Flow both work very well on my SIII. I would suggest a reboot, then battery pull and, as other poster suggested, factory reset.

Where did you get Swiftkey Flow? I couldn't find it in the Play store.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get Swiftkey Flow? I couldn't find it in the Play store.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

It's SwiftKey 4, so just search for that, or if you already have SwiftKey check under "My Apps" for an update. It's pretty darn awesome so far.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

Taylor7617

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
It's SwiftKey 4, so just search for that, or if you already have SwiftKey check under "My Apps" for an update. It's pretty darn awesome so far.

Actually, in the play store it's listed only as Swiftkey keyboard. That said, the newest update brings in FLOW options (must manually enable) and does work very well. I just upgraded from the 1-month swiftkey trial for $2 just this morning - on sale 1/2 price.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually, in the play store it's listed only as Swiftkey keyboard. That said, the newest update brings in FLOW options (must manually enable) and does work very well. I just upgraded from the 1-month swiftkey trial for $2 just this morning - on sale 1/2 price.

Ah. Sorry. Guess it says 4 in the app description and I mixed it up. What do you think of it so far?

Taylor7617

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Still learning it and am undecided at this time but seems to work reasonably well. It has made some errors, but think that is more my fault then the prgm simply because it still feels foreign. I never used the stock swype so this is all new to me, LOL. I was just thrilled when I saw the upgraded version on sale...almost paid $4 for it last week but was testing out other free keyboards before spending the money. Glad I waited...

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Still learning it and am undecided at this time but seems to work reasonably well. It has made some errors, but think that is more my fault then the prgm simply because it still feels foreign. I never used the stock swype so this is all new to me, LOL. I was just thrilled when I saw the upgraded version on sale...almost paid $4 for it last week but was testing out other free keyboards before spending the money. Glad I waited...

Did you go to settings and have it learn from your email, sms and Twitter? Made prediction ridiculously good for me from the get go. I am still getting used to swiping, though, and find I'm doing about half swiping and half typing.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been using SwiftKey since the JB update. First time using the keyboard today, it got the Flow update.

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow... is this an Android issue, or a G1 issue? I can't believe the ancient WinMo OS can run apps off of a memory card, and this phone can't?
is it easy to switch between type and swype? I can't figure out how to swype capital letters.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Flow doesn't have everything Swype or Swype Beta does. With Swype to capitalize a random word in the sentence, you Swype your finger or pen above the keyboard after the first letter. Never could get it to work that way in flow.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
is it easy to switch between type and swype? I can't figure out how to swype capital letters.

Yes. Just type instead of swiping. You don't have to change any settings or anything. I can't figure out how to swipe caps either. I've just been tapping the shift key. :shrugs

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Just type instead of swiping. You don't have to change any settings or anything. I can't figure out how to swipe caps either. I've just been tapping the shift key. :shrugs

See my post above about the capitalization issue

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
See my post above about the capitalization issue

I also have the Kii keyboard but if you use swype sometimes it won't do anything including regular text. But it has a feature where you can swype to the space bar to access the alt character on a key. Never got it to work but thought it was cool. I'm loving this on Swift Key! I'd bought it and never used it cause many things about it annoy me but swyping is super easy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae