1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default Best rom

Anyone have an opinion about what is the most stable custom rom for the Verizon GS3?

Looking for something with a better radio connection preferably. My phone has a really crappy radio connection.

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Best rom

You might want to flash a different radio then. When you flash a rom it doesn't flash a radio, you need to flash it separately. Here's where to find the radio's and rpm's:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

I agree with blade22222 on the radio change. Many of the newer ROMs were built with BK3, so I went with that one as an upgrade and all is fine.

Regarding the ROM, this is always a question of preference. I personally hate touchwiz, the ridiculously wasteful resolution and the other snoopy BS that comes with the stock-based ROMs, so AOSP is the only way to fly. Also, the ROMs + Gapps files combined end up being only 1/3-1/2 the size of TW ROMs. I have tried several and at this point, I would highly recommend . Everything works amazingly well, it has easy to use customization menus and DPI adjustment, and comes with goo.im and GooManager integration. Great daily driver.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back. All good advice. I'm downloading Carbon now to give it a shot.

Appreciate all the advice.
    --Aric