- 6 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Samsung GS3 app killer
I just got the GS3 a week ago and am wondering if it's necessary to use an app/task killer with it? I have checked the task manager on the phone regularly and have noticed that the RAM status is consistently at about 1.10GB. Being a new phone with hardly any apps downloaded on it, does this not seem to be a high amount of RAM usage for a new phone?
Is there any way to schedule the phones task manager to kill any unused apps automatically?
- 02-16-2013, 02:13 PM #2
- 02-16-2013, 03:37 PM #3
Re: Samsung GS3 app killer
Generally speaking, Android will load or keep a loaded app in RAM so they are ready to execute. That saves time AND battery power by having the app ready.
It is only an issue if you have a garbage app that keeps the GPS alive, or such activity, in the background. In that case, delete any badly written power hog apps like that.
Keeping idle apps loaded in RAM, consumes no extra power. If RAM is all free, or if it is full, it consumes the same power.
- By Ender0715 in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 1Last Post: 08-24-2012, 11:48 PM
- By xX_original_Xx in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 08-05-2012, 03:05 PM
- By xX_original_Xx in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 1Last Post: 08-04-2012, 06:59 AM
- By xX_original_Xx in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-04-2012, 06:44 AM
- By owensch1 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 14Last Post: 07-08-2010, 01:35 AM