- 1 Posts
Phone working, but not the display.
I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 but it was flashed. For the past couple of months I've been having problems with the display. One day a blue vertical line appeared in the very right side of the screen. Then the colors started like fading. Today I woke up and the battery was almost drained but it was flickering like crazy and had all this black horizontal lines. Since I've been having this problem, I let it die and started recharging it. When I went to turn it on, it wouldn't. Then the screen came up but it was dots everywhere. Couldn't not see anything. I got it to show the screen but it was just a whole bunch of lines and then it would start turning into dots until it would get black. Now when I press to turn on the screen is just black. The phone is still working because I managed to make some calls when I got the screen. When I press the side button and I do the swipe I can hear the sound and if I press the home button to get the voice command I can hear it. Is this fixable? what is it?
- 02-16-2013, 07:54 PM #2
- 02-17-2013, 04:56 PM #3Banned
- 128 Posts
Re: Phone working, but not the display.
A replacement is definetly in order. This doesn't normally happen at all, and if it's under warranty either your carrier or Samsung should be able to help you out. This might be a battery issue or mother board. When the screen was flickering and the power was drained when you woke up, was the battery/backing really hot? Also, when the issue first starting occurring with the blue line, were any changes made to the Android rom, such as a custom rom installation?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
- By ldkronos in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 01-16-2013, 10:54 AM
- By Kid Antrim in forum Nexus 4 AccessoriesReplies: 5Last Post: 11-13-2012, 10:18 PM
- By AndroiderPete in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-21-2012, 04:53 AM
- By m3kyd in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 02-05-2011, 05:45 AM
- By rem_kujawa in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 8Last Post: 06-23-2010, 07:59 AM