Handcent won't send pic

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Trying to send a picture with Handcent and the picture won't go. It just keeps trying. Any suggestions?

Deb - from my GS3

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Do you have your mobile data connection enabled? MMS won't send without it enabled. You can leave WiFi enabled if you want, but it won't send over a WiFi connection - you have to have mobile data enabled.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Lechuza05

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. My mobile data is enabled. When I try to send a picture message using Handcent, the blue wheel that indicates it's trying to send something just animates indefinitely. However, if I use the stock Messaging app to send the same picture to the same recipient, it works just fine. I'm thinking it's a Handcent bug. I just sent them an email so I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

Medic3166

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same issue with Handcent. Whenever I send a picture message, I just use the stock app.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This was my solution and worked fine. I was trying to send from my network didn't know that wouldn't work. I think that's crazy not to be able to send via network. Anyone know why using the network won't work?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to send from my network didn't know that wouldn't work. I think that's crazy not to be able to send via network. Anyone know why using the network won't work?
Feel free to read through
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multimedia_Messaging_Service#section_4 if you like :confused:
I am not an expert in this area, but my interpretation of the techno-babble is that it requires both cellular and data connections to transmit/receive MMS, and cellular+WiFi doesn't meet some basic requirement. I'd be happy to hear from an expert that can put it in layman's terms.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Lechuza05

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Just a small update: Handcent support replied to me to make sure I updated to the latest version of Handcent (4.7) which was released in the Play Store this weekend. I confirmed that I had updated and that I was still having the problem, so I'll wait to see what they come back with. I also sent them a link to this thread.

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue and this is what fixed it. Change your date on your phone in the main settings to one week in the future. Send a picture from Handcent. If it works, go back to settings and fix the date then try and send another picture. This worked for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

vladfan

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue so I sent a message to Handcent and this was the reply I got.....

Hi,

Could you pls try to set by following steps:
launch handcent-- Settings-- Application settings-- Default Messaging application--Enable "ALL"
setting--notification settings->notify after download

Have a try, pls let me know if it can work or not.

Thanks

Best Wishes

Connie

HandcentSMS

After I enabled "ALL" it started working for me. I didn't even do the second part.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue so I sent a message to Handcent and this was the reply I got.....

Hi,

Could you pls try to set by following steps:
launch handcent-- Settings-- Application settings-- Default Messaging application--Enable "ALL"
setting--notification settings->notify after download

Have a try, pls let me know if it can work or not.

Thanks

Best Wishes

Connie

HandcentSMS

After I enabled "ALL" it started working for me. I didn't even do the second part.

I know this is an old thread but this started happening again ... even tho I had the right settings I unchecked them and rechecked them back on...now it is working.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you read the reviews in the Google Play Store you'll see that this is a common complaint in the latest version.

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Handscent with my Galaxy Nexus with no problems. I did select all in the application settings for SMS and MMS. Nary a problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

PrimalxConvoy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that I've set up Handsent correctly, with all of the things mentioned above. I've even split long mms messages into two sms messages but to no avail.

Simply put; Handsent can NOT send our receive mms, including pictures and other files. It is ONLY an sms app.

The best thing to do is forget about sms and mms altogether (it's a dead technology) and use services like "Line", which sends any message to anyone around the world, compete with attached images and it just works.

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that I've set up Handsent correctly, with all of the things mentioned above. I've even split long mms messages into two sms messages but to no avail.

Simply put; Handsent can NOT send our receive mms, including pictures and other files. It is ONLY an sms app.

The best thing to do is forget about sms and mms altogether (it's a dead technology) and use services like "Line", which sends any message to anyone around the world, compete with attached images and it just works.

I just got a pic from my daughter through text on hand sent. Occasionally I'll send her pic and it goes through just fine. I'm also on a flashed phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12