Music controls on lock screen

cdjohn81

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
After jelly bean update I lost music controls on lock screen for slacker and stock music player and I'm not rooted. Can anyone help me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, all I can tell you is that both the Google Music app and the Amazon Music app show the lock screen controls on 4.1.1

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, all I can tell you is that both the Google Music app and the Amazon Music app show the lock screen controls on 4.1.1

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I don't believe this is true, unless I'm missing something.

Sent from my technology induced Haze.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1361330877589.jpgBelieve what you like - they both show the Play/Pause and Previous/Next controls on my lock screen. It's worked the same with Swipe and Pattern lock screens (I haven't tried PIN or Password methods).
dedy2esu.jpg
Here's a screenshot of the Amazon Music app on the lock screen.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 60945Believe what you like - they both show the Play/Pause and Previous/Next controls on my lock screen. It's worked the same with Swipe and Pattern lock screens (I haven't tried PIN or Password methods). http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/20/dedy2esu.jpgHere's a screenshot of the Amazon Music app on the lock screen.

I believe you but I'm confused, because I must be missing a setting or something. My Play music app does not show "lockscreen controls", it DOES appear in the notification tray, but not on the lockscreen. I'm completely stock, do you know how this is activated?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I didn't do anything special to enable this behavior. In fact, I did a Factory Reset just to be sure it wasn't some other app enabling this, and to be sure it wasn't some system setting.
As noted previously, I've tried it with Swipe and Pattern security settings - I haven't tried it with None, PIN or Password.
My phone is on Verizon, running 4.1.1. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I didn't do anything special - it just works.

cdjohn81

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's input. I got it to work finally when I use pattern lock it shows up but not when I use just swipe with no security. Thank for ur all help

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums