Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music controls on lock screen

After jelly bean update I lost music controls on lock screen for slacker and stock music player and I'm not rooted. Can anyone help me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Music controls on lock screen

Sorry, all I can tell you is that both the Google Music app and the Amazon Music app show the lock screen controls on 4.1.1

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Sorry, all I can tell you is that both the Google Music app and the Amazon Music app show the lock screen controls on 4.1.1

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't believe this is true, unless I'm missing something.

Sent from my technology induced Haze.

Music controls on lock screen-uploadfromtaptalk1361330877589.jpgBelieve what you like - they both show the Play/Pause and Previous/Next controls on my lock screen. It's worked the same with Swipe and Pattern lock screens (I haven't tried PIN or Password methods). Here's a screenshot of the Amazon Music app on the lock screen.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361330877589.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	60945Believe what you like - they both show the Play/Pause and Previous/Next controls on my lock screen. It's worked the same with Swipe and Pattern lock screens (I haven't tried PIN or Password methods). http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/20/dedy2esu.jpgHere's a screenshot of the Amazon Music app on the lock screen.

I believe you but I'm confused, because I must be missing a setting or something. My Play music app does not show "lockscreen controls", it DOES appear in the notification tray, but not on the lockscreen. I'm completely stock, do you know how this is activated?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Unfortunately I didn't do anything special to enable this behavior. In fact, I did a Factory Reset just to be sure it wasn't some other app enabling this, and to be sure it wasn't some system setting.
    As noted previously, I've tried it with Swipe and Pattern security settings - I haven't tried it with None, PIN or Password.
    My phone is on Verizon, running 4.1.1. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I didn't do anything special - it just works.

Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for everyone's input. I got it to work finally when I use pattern lock it shows up but not when I use just swipe with no security. Thank for ur all help

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by: