Hotspot issue - help please

DanKatz

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
My mobile hotspot works flawlessly EXCEPT whenever I am traveling in a car. Whenever I am in a car, I have major connectivity issues, with it constantly cutting out, to the point it is useless. Any idea why this may be?? I have tried turning off the bluetooth, in case that was somehow interfering, but no change. I would like to figure out a solution to this, as when I am a passenger on long car trips I need the hotspot to get work done, plus our kids like to be able to connect to the internet.

schneid

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
My mobile hotspot works flawlessly EXCEPT whenever I am traveling in a car. Whenever I am in a car, I have major connectivity issues, with it constantly cutting out, to the point it is useless. Any idea why this may be?? I have tried turning off the bluetooth, in case that was somehow interfering, but no change. I would like to figure out a solution to this, as when I am a passenger on long car trips I need the hotspot to get work done, plus our kids like to be able to connect to the internet.

You need to be in range of a tower. I imagine 4G is more affected by obstructions than phone reception too. If you are out of town and off major highways, you are likely out of luck. A company called Wilson makes boosters with external antennas that people seem to like. But, no signal = no signal.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
You are in a moving car. What else may we help you with?

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.

Hate to say it, but that's about it.... When you're in a moving vehicle, your data signal is constantly switching towers, so it's no surprise that network connectivity, especially when using hotspot, is less then desirable.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

My hot spot cuts in and out on my S3 like you describe all the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DanKatz

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I understand that. But I do not notice any issue with my 4G reception on my phone when I have the hotspot problems. I thought that was the issue as well. But I am able to access the internet on my phone, but my Hotspot connectivity is terrible.

schneid

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
For those familiar with US 395 on the lee side of the Sierra's, it ain't very populated. Yet, I run a hotspot on my S3 and surf on my tablet all the time. If the phone says 3G or 4G, I'm good. No signal still equals NO signal. But then I am not changing towers a lot or facing big city congestion and obstructions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37