Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default media volume problems

Does anyone have an idea on why my media volume will occasionally go mute on its own? It then will not let me raise the volume via rocker switch or slider on screen. All other sliders work as normal. The little media volume icon has a line through it and won't let me drag it to the right. (To turn it up) It doesn't happen with any kind of consistency that I can figure. I'm running stock JB non rooted. I thought it might be some kind of power saver, but it is not enabled in my quick settings. It seemed to happen at first when I was using Bluetooth and switching off of it but today it happened without bt. I have seached high and low through the layers of settings to no avail. I also searched old posts a little so I'm sorry if this is something that has been covered. The only thing that helps is a battery pull. Maybe someone can help me out...

Default Re: media volume problems

I can only think that you have a 3rd party app that's causing this problem - my phone (Verizon, 4.1.1) works fine, with no issue switching between Bluetooth and phone audio. I use both the Google Music app and Amazon Music app and haven't run across any issues with media volume changing.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, I can see by the amount if views and the lack of response that it is an uncommon problem... now, to find that little bugger causing me fits!

There's always Factory Reset

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2