1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default another music question... sorryyyy.

I bought a song from the store but it didn't show up in my music, then I found it in the "play music" app. Is there any way I can move that song to my music? The one with the widget.. idk iff it has a name.

Default Re: another music question... sorryyyy.

I could be wrong but If you bought it from the Play store - no. You didn't buy an MP3 it's only compatible with their player, like Itunes. I buy from Amazon and thats compatible with everything because your buying the actual MP3's

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts

Download music from your library
    Google Play offers the ability to download any of the songs that you previously uploaded to Google Play, as well as any song you purchased from Google Play.

Download from the Google Play web player online:
    Hover your mouse over a song or click on an album.
    To select multiple songs*, hold down the ‘Shift’ key and select another song in the list to select a range of songs. To multi-select individual songs throughout the list, hold down the ‘Ctrl’ (Windows) or ‘Command’ (Mac) key while selecting.
    Click the Download button in the top righthand corner of the screen.
    You can download each track from the web 2 times.

*Please note that if the group of songs you select contains songs that have already been downloaded twice, these songs will be skipped and you will be prompted to use the Google Play Music Manager instead.

Download from the Google Play Music Manager:
    Launch the Music Manager. (Note: If you have not already downloaded the Music Manager, you can do so here.)
    Select the 'Download' tab*.
    Click 'Download my library' to download all your music, or 'Download free and purchased' to only download music purchased from Google Play.
    *Please note that if you have never used the Music Manager to upload music, you will not see the 'Download' tab. This option appears once you've gone through the upload flow.

That's not entirely true....

I don't know if there is a way to do it on the phone, but from your computer you log into Google Play and go to your music online. From there, you can download any songs you've purchased. There is a limit on how many times you can do this -- you can download all purchased songs no more than 2 different times from the website.
    The other way to do it is to go to the Google Music Manager application (the windows application that syncs your desktop music folder w/ your Google Music library), go the options and download your purchased songs to your Desktop Music library. According to Google, there is no limit to downloading via this method.