So many issues... starting with "android.com.phone" error

Sara Rice

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I may have screwed up a few things on my phone... I bought a Galaxy S3 from Verizon before moving to Australia. I paid the early termination fee, bought a sim card from a local company (Vodafone) and have been able to call/text or connect to wifi, but not use data. The Vodafone guy suggested flashing CyanogenMod onto my phone, as it was my only hope for being able to use data. Upon doing that, my phone completely crapped out and wouldn't even load. We ended up flashing stock again and resetting the phone. Now, I can turn the phone on, call and text, but if I even turn on the wifi, I get the error message about being unable to connect to android.com.phone - the screen completely freezes up, I can't touch anything and I have to remove the battery in order to restart.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I'd love to be able to use mobile data, but just getting the wifi to work would be much appreciated.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When you flashed CM, did you also flash a new kernel? Did you update the radios?
What procedure did you follow to return to stock? Can you link the forum post that you followed?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers