Skyfire 4.0

SeizeA7X

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering what people's opinions are on Skyfire web browser? I currently have Dolphin installed but I've been hearing great things about Skyfire.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I've tried them all and keep going back to chrome. There are features from each I like but overall I just think chrome is the fastest.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
What do you find more important in a browser, speed or features?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I've tried them all and keep going back to chrome. There are features from each I like but overall I just think chrome is the fastest.

My biggest issue with Chrome at first was lack of Flash support (and the random bugs), but now that Flash for mobile has gone the way of the dodo, I've pretty much made it my daily driver. It's much more stable now that it was even a few months ago, and I really like it's ability to sync with my other browser sessions.

Yes, I know Flash can be sideloaded, but there are probably already countless vulnerabilities in the last version available (there certainly are for the desktop version since that time), so I've actually decided not to use it anymore -- didn't even load it on my Nexus 10 when I got it a few weeks ago, and pretty much use Chrome exclusively on both my S3 and N10. To be honest, I find I really don't miss Flash as much as I thought I would...it does seem many more site are using mobile friendly web protocols now.

Having said all that, and the reason I bring Flash up is because Skyfire supposedly supports Flash video natively somehow. That's intriguing to me, because while I do find that I rarely *need* Flash, it may be nice to have a browser loaded that can support it, for those times when I really want/need to see the content. I'm just curious *how* the Skyfire browser's Flash is implemented...as long as it's secure, seems like a great app to me. I'll probably try it out and see what I think....but will most likely stick with Chrome as my "default" browser.

EDIT: Nevermind. After investigating, saw that the latest version no longer supports flash. In that case, none of the extra features really interest me, so I think I'll pass....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37