Customizing Notifications In-Call

FDLuke

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I've searched the forums for some info but haven't found a complete solution. I want to have my notifications on while on a call. I usually keep my phone on vibrate due to emails and other messages flowing in regularly. When I'm on a call, the phone will vibrate (loudly I might add) and the notification sound also plays if I get a message. Being that I don't have my notification sounds on, I'm not sure why there is an audible alert.

Looking around the forums, it seems like it's all or nothing setting. I'm hoping I've overlooked a setting somewhere. Is there a way to customize the notifications while on the phone? I want to get notifications while on a phone call but if my phone is in vibrate, I don't want the sound blaring in my ear.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Just want to be sure I understand you - when you're NOT on a call, and the phone is on vibrate, you (correctly) only get a vibration if you receive a TM or email?
But, the minute that you're on a call, with the phone still on vibrate, suddenly you receive an audio notification along with the vibration?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

FDLuke

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry that wasn't more clear. When not on a call, everything works as it's supposed to. When on a call, the audio notification plays through the earpiece, not the speaker despite the notifications being set to vibrate. The phone will vibrate but the notification ringtone will play through the earpiece. The people on the other side of the phone are always inquiring what the noise is. It's likely the vibrate but I'm not sure if its the audio alert or the vibe alert.

Any other phone I've had where the notifications were set to vibrate, when on a call, would only vibrate the phone if there was a message. My S3 does not do this. Is this by design or am I missing a setting somewhere? Hopefully I've explained myself better.

berck

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm noticing the exact same problem. I have notifications set to mute and vibrate, but in-call, they go off. They seem to pick up on the voice call volume too. It's really frustrating when I'm on call using the speaker phone and I get an email or text message. Full volume the notification sound comes out. It was set to 0.