1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Amazon Kindle App Help

I have the Amazon Kindle App on my S3, I downloaded via email 2 .mobi files. How in the world do I get the Kindle App to recognize these files so I can read them? In the Kindle App I chose the 'On Device' option, but it only gives me the book that I got from the Kindle App. Please help!!!

Default Re: Amazon Kindle App Help

No. 1, I would assume the Kindle books are copy protected and the app won't recognize anything else.
    No. 2, the books may need to be in a specific folder for the app to see them
    No. 3, mobi is a fairly generic type of file. If Kindle won't work, there are other apps that will.

The Kindle app should recognize .mobi. It also reads PDFs. Books should be in your Kindle directory. One way to get them is to email the book to your Kindle address. You can find this email address by looking in your settings. If you click the attachment when you receive the email on your phone, it should offer to open it in Kindle. It should also end up saved on your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    The Kindle app should recognize .mobi. It also reads PDFs. Books should be in your Kindle directory. One way to get them is to email the book to your Kindle address. You can find this email address by looking in your settings. If you click the attachment when you receive the email on your phone, it should offer to open it in Kindle. It should also end up saved on your phone.
    Yes. The best way is to email them to your free Kindle address and download or pull them from wifi. I don't know of another way for it to get to the app itself any other way..

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S3

Try putting the mobi file in this directory:

sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files
    Thanked by:
    AxlMyk 

You don't need to email them. All you need to do is transfer the .mobi files to the above mentioned directory.
    Use whatever method you choose. e-mail, file transfer, USB. Anything works.
    I just put the 50 shades of gray trilogy, and a couple Michael Crichton books there.
    Works great.
    Last edited by AxlMyk; 03-04-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

As a side note, sending them to your Kindle e-mail address WILL get you another e-mail saying the sender was not on an approved list.
    In other words, Kindle blocked it.
    DAMHIK
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Quote Originally Posted by akrtsyra7 View Post
    It should also end up saved on your phone.
    No matter where your phone saves it, you have to move it to this directory - sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.kindle/files
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE