Phone screen won't turn off

Allyza Taylor

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much! Wakelock works! It found soundclolud running for 12 hrs and I uninstalled it then it turns off again after my desired time of screen turn off while idle. I cant thank you enough! Thank you again :)

NinaTexas

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine won't turn off. It acts like it's locked but I've never locked it. The battery got very low and I changed it and it still won't turn on or shut off. Just sits there. I've tried a hundred times to unlock it via running my finger and/or stylus over the screen and it just won't work.

KingKomaOma

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Anything new on that? i have the same problem, but i can make shure its not the software... i reseted the phone, and even flashed it with different os - no success... so i have to expect it to be a hardwareproblem. as i also already replaced the glass (earlier - did not cause the issue) my question now is - is it more the power button or the softkeys that might cause the problem? or is there anything else i can try from the softwareside?

GizmosAmerica

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you having trouble with galaxy screen staying on while plugged in? I DID; fix:
Settings》
More》
Developer option》
Uncheck "Stay Awake" while plugged in.
;@)

KelsMB

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I've been having the same problem, and when I went to the App Store to download the Wakelock thing, it automatically updated a bunch of my apps that needed new updates, and now the screen will stay off! Try updating any apps that need it.

bbells2009

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I apologize for 'waking' an old thread.
Here is how I fixed it on my S4: I turned off the alarm on the clock. That is all it took.
I then loaded a different app for an alarm. There are a few, I chose Timely since it is so simple. Hope this helps someone.

Melissa Brobst

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same issue with my Note 4, not sure if this will help you much because I have a different phone, but I figure the settings might be similar, but under Settings > Under "System" there is an option for "Developer Options" > "Stay Awake" was checked and that caused the phone to NEVER sleep, so no matter what setting you have as far as timeout, it won't ever turn off. I unchecked the box, and now my phone turns off, even when docked and charging. Hope this helps!

Talib_S

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Samsung has a feature of Smart Stay which keeps the screen on if you keep looking at it(and unofficially in close proximity to your face). Go to Phone Settings>Display and uncheck the Smart Stay feature.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks & regards,
Talib

Menichini

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Not sure why but suddenly my screen won't shut off. This is killing my battery because the screen is always on. Tried turning the timer down, turned on power saver mode. Nothing. Suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

My case I was fooling around whith bootanimation and rename bootsamsung.qmg, bootsamsungloop.qmg and shutdown.qmg and has this very same issue. Just take ir back and problem solved.