Verizon Update -- Photo Album Gone

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
All--

So i was wondering why, all of a sudden, i was missing a world of photos i had taken. Looking back at updates, i didn't even realize Verizon had updated my phone automatically. Anyone else get the following update? Did you lose you your photos, too? Any way to get them back?

Screenshot_2013-03-26-11-57-49_zps832fb3de.png

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded Astro Manager -- missing photos still aren't showing up. All i can see is what i've taken POST update in the DCIM folder:

Screenshot_2013-03-26-12-15-33_zpse848b683.png

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
yes, i do. I've tried shutting down the phone, taking the card out and putting it back in before turning the phone on. The phone recognizes a card being there, too.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty unlikely that the OTA wiped out any of your data, but quite possible that the naming for internal (phone) memory and external (SDCard) memory have thrown a monkey wrench into the works.
You didn't say if the photos that you're looking for were taken with your phone, or were downloaded. If the former, did you have the camera app set to save them to the phone or external memory?
Anyway (besides being totally unimpressed with Astro) you should be able to use the File Manager of your choice (including My Files) to look through all of the contents of the internal/external memory to find your pictures. Be sure to look in the directories besides DCIM - there are other places that pictures may get stored:
/storage/sdcard0/DCIM/Camera
/storage/sdcard0/Pictures
/storage/extSdCard/DCIM/Camera

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. Turns out the card is fried. No way to get the data back.

When i bought the phone, the store did me a 'favor' and gave me an SD card for free. Turns out it was a cheapo card and not the 'official card' made by SanDisk. Because of that, they won't give me a new card. My port still works (tested with a new card).

I could turn it into a he said she said thing, but it's not worth it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay