Internet and all apps that use internet lagging

m schmidt

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't know when this started but the last week has been horrid. Every app that uses the internet will not load things. I don't know what happened and what or if I changed anything. I am connected to my schools wifi and it has been very good up until now. Everything else connected to the internet works fine except my phone. Any tips or are people experiencing the same issues.

m schmidt

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
If I restart everything will work for about 30 min or until I am done using my phone. After it sits for a while the problem is very annoying and I do not want to restart my phone every time I want to watch a youtube video or check facebook/twitter. I haven't tried clearing the cache in recovery but will do that now. Also a thing to note is that the orange down arrow under the wifi symbol is always on I don't know if it was like this before but I am becoming annoyed and paranoid.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
1. Paranoid has positive connotations around here, just like PA doesn't mean full price for a doctor's apprentice.

2. This sounds like something relative to an app. What have you installed of late that may put excessive demand on the WLAN?

3. It is really difficult to say without probing your WLAN more. Does this only happen at work or on other networks/at home as well?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Try to clear cache and pull the sim card out for a few minutes

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

m schmidt

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Haha paranoid was probably a bad word to use but I have not installed any new apps recently. I have added the weather channel widget to my home screen and thinking this was the reason I removed it and tried uninstalling it. I am only connected to one network that is on my campus in college and have no control over it.

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
You are not alone. I've been noticing this too lately. AGONIZINGLY slow network. I thought maybe it just my phone or relative to my area, but just like you said, it's only internet related apps that it's affecting. I tried using all my different browsers and they all have been terribly slow. I even called tech support and asked them about it. They just made suggestions of things that I already tried. I.E. rebooting the phone, clearing the cache, shutting down and taking out the SIM and other stuff like that. It's been going on for the last three or four days, but has kinda stopped today. I am in Oregon on the west coast. Are you still having your slow network problems?

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Finally the network problem is over I think. Internet seems to be okay now. Though that it the least of my worries since I broke my screen today... Totally sucks.

Sent from the amazing Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol