Problem with my message disappearing, when I select the auto-correct option.

Southie777

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, brand new to this forum and brand new to the Galaxy S3. I just got it a week ago and love it so far. As for what keyboard I have or whatever, I just use whatever naturally comes with the phone - not very technologically-inclined, haha! Anyways, I tend to write long and punctuated texts with correct spelling and what not. It's just the way I am, I can't help it, I don't like dumbing down the language for the sake of convenience. So, when I'm near the end of a long text, it gets really frustrating when this happens. Not sure that I explained the problem properly in the subject line. Basically, I will mistype or whatever and then the word that I actually wanted will appear in the Auto-Correct box. So, I will go to select it, and sometimes the vast majority of the message gets deleted and the word I selected will just appear at the end of a random word near the beginning of the message. I know that one solution would be to never pick the word from the Auto-Correct or Predictive Text box, but I just sometimes to it out of habit. It's hard not to! Does this happen to other people, too? Is there an explanation? It also happens when typing on Facebook. This is also very frustrating. Help! Thanks!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this problem. Agree that its frustrating. I even checked to make sure that SwiftKey was set as the default.

marksbunker

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Galaxy S3 from best buy. It's running on ice cream sandwich and I have the same problem. It's extremely frustrating! I'll have a whole paragraph typed and try to correct the last word and it deletes everything I typed when I try to press the correct spelling above.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest SwiftKey: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.touchtype.swiftkey
Frankly, the stock keyboard leaves alot to be desired.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

I vote SwiftKey. It gives you the option of precise typing vs. fast (always) auto correct. Try the free version until it goes on sale again this summer usually. I bought at full price for my GS3 and my Nexus 7 tablet (tablets need a separate version). I got it on sale for my wife phone. It is our standard keyboard and once you get used to it try some of the extras built in under settings and you're on your way.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress