3-way Calling Problems

kakiess

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy III with Verizon (same with any Samsung on Verizon) won't allow you to release the second party once you merged 2 calls. It also won't allow you to initiate another 3-way call, even if one of the people in your conference hung up and you're only connected to one person.
Once you merged 2 calls, your only option is to end the call which will end both calls.
Samsung on AT&T and TMobile do have the option very easily on-screen.

Though in many forums people suggest its a CDMA versus GSM issue, its not, as all Verizon 4G phones are on the CDMA network and it can be done on other brands like Motorola,
(Tho it's not an on-screen quick option on the Motorola, do the following after you merged the 2 calls: click home, people/contacts, tiny phone icon at the bottom, and then the green phone icon, which disconnects second party without ending the entire call and you can then even initiate another 3-way call). On any Samsung with Verizon, this option wont work.

I've read somewhere it can be done by doing the following:
"Root your phone and flash cm9 or 10, The dialer on this rom will allow it"
(I'm not even sure if he meant i would stil need a special dialer or once its rooted the phones dialer will let me hang up the second party and/or make another conference call)

Has anyone tried solving this problem with rooting successfully? (or any other method)

Last edited:

Yeahitsme93

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Need a solution to my inability to use the 3 way calling function on my galaxy s4 phone. When you merge the call you are unable to un merge the call without hanging up on both parties. This is very frustating... Please help!!!!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Need a solution to my inability to use the 3 way calling function on my galaxy s4 phone.
Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like it's a Verizon problem (based on the OPs information) - you should contact them. I don't expect that you'll get a satisfactory answer but that's where to start.

You could look for an alternate Dialer app in the Google Play Store (I took a look at the top 5 and didn't see any mention of 3-way calling support).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Gbuch

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
You could look for an alternate Dialer app in the Google Play Store (I took a look at the top 5 and didn't see any mention of 3-way calling support).

I'm not sure, but I tried a couple of dialer apps a few weeks ago, and they seemed to be just dialers, as the name implies, while the actual call looked like being handled by the stock app. If that's the case, it probably wouldn't help him...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae