Empty efs folder, no lockscreen, no power menu

psychojv

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Recently was running ParanoidKANGdroid and then updated to ParanoidKANGdroid 2.30 (4/5) but phone got stuck in samsung logo. (phone wouldnt boot up). I then had to use this method to restore my phone [ROOT] PROPER Remake of Full Rooted Stock Image (aka Root66) + Easy CWM Install - xda-developers
It was the only way to get my phone to get bootup and have su.
I finally got it back to working but now it shows factory test mode has stopped working and keeps popping up on my verizon galaxy s3. I ve tried every possible solution. I am on rooted stock rom and i cannot install any other rom. I have my IMEI number but when I look in the /efs folder there are no files. I did not create a backup. Please help

Einst31n

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
hey dude, i have the same problem. my lockscreen isnt working ( just use another one) and my power buttons just turns off the device( no solution found yet). but yes the solution to your problem, find the factorytest.apk and uninstall/disable/freeze it ( i did it through titanium backup and that solved it.) also, are you facing any other issues? i have the same problem, but i dont face any network, imei,wifi etc problems and hence i am not even trying any efs solution since efs is a very risky thing to mess up with. try my solution and tell me if it worked :)