Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Empty efs folder, no lockscreen, no power menu

Recently was running ParanoidKANGdroid and then updated to ParanoidKANGdroid 2.30 (4/5) but phone got stuck in samsung logo. (phone wouldnt boot up). I then had to use this method to restore my phone [ROOT] PROPER Remake of Full Rooted Stock Image (aka Root66) + Easy CWM Install - xda-developers
    It was the only way to get my phone to get bootup and have su.
    I finally got it back to working but now it shows factory test mode has stopped working and keeps popping up on my verizon galaxy s3. I ve tried every possible solution. I am on rooted stock rom and i cannot install any other rom. I have my IMEI number but when I look in the /efs folder there are no files. I did not create a backup. Please help

Default Re: Empty efs folder, no lockscreen, no power menu

hey dude, i have the same problem. my lockscreen isnt working ( just use another one) and my power buttons just turns off the device( no solution found yet). but yes the solution to your problem, find the factorytest.apk and uninstall/disable/freeze it ( i did it through titanium backup and that solved it.) also, are you facing any other issues? i have the same problem, but i dont face any network, imei,wifi etc problems and hence i am not even trying any efs solution since efs is a very risky thing to mess up with. try my solution and tell me if it worked

Default Re: Empty efs folder, no lockscreen, no power menu

Thanks for this alternative, im facing this issue in my n9005. Im going to try and find this apk later to test your fix.