Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does anyone know a way to force my GS3 to roam?

I work in the cellblock and believe it or not, AT&T has awesome coverage and I get no signal whatsoever with Verizon's network to my dismay. I am going nuts trying to figure out how to make the phone roam only so I can get a signal just to text and receive calls at least. Please can anyone help me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Default Re: Does anyone know a way to force my GS3 to roam?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    I work in the cellblock and believe it or not, AT&T has awesome coverage and I get no signal whatsoever with Verizon's network to my dismay. I am going nuts trying to figure out how to make the phone roam only so I can get a signal just to text and receive calls at least. Please can anyone help me? I would greatly appreciate it.
    I sometimes frequent an area where I get just nothing from Verizon and my phone asks me if I want to allow roaming --- and then Verizon blocks the AT&T connection. I tend to screenshot and share with their @VZWSupport twitter account asking them to setup roaming agreements with AT&T (which would be beneficial to both companies). After some direct messaging, they got back to me. Don't know if it's done any good or not, but can't hurt!
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What did they reply with and was there a solution or an option to keep the phone roaming?? Its driving me crazy lol..

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    What did they reply with and was there a solution or an option to keep the phone roaming?? Its driving me crazy lol..
    They told me that AT&T was to blame...and they were working on the service holes :-/ But the service is still janky in lots of areas! I wish they worked as well down here as they do up north.