1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Verizon Galaxy S3 - can send group text but cannot receive group texts back

I have downloaded several 3rd party apps (Verizon Messages, GoSMSpro, Handcent) and none worked, aside from POWOW working I had to create a group in order for that to work intermittently, but it creates a new number for that group to respond to. I have NO trouble sending out a group text, but I do not receive ANY of the responses back. I can even send a group text out with the text message app on the device when I purchased it, just not receive any, especially from iPhone users.
    WHAT WORKS?!!!
    This is becoming ridiculous and I need a solution quick!
    Last edited by Aimee Soriano; 04-25-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy S3 - can send group text but cannot receive group texts back

Go SMS Pro has the Group feature for iPhone users. I have had not problem with it using Go SMS Pro.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy S3 - can send group text but cannot receive group texts back

this youtube video fixed it for me. although with the new update it was a little different. after clicking'mobile networks' I had to check the 'mobile data' box

hope this helps if you still haven't fixed the issue

Exclamation Re: Verizon Galaxy S3 - can send group text but cannot receive group texts back

This is great but when I go to settings-mobile networks- there is NO USE PACKET DATA option for me to click? Thoughts?

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted S3

Angela, its moved.

Instead of hitting More Settings, click Data Usage (right above it). First box is Mobile Data. Check it.

Or you can look in Settings -> More settings -> Mobile networks

Or you can just swipe down from the Status bar and use the quick toggle :rolleyes:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4