S3 Owners on Verizon... What's your NEXT phone??

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I got mine on July 11 of last year and it's the best phone I have ever owned. I have no desire of even thinking about a new phone anytime soon. I played around with the Galaxy S4 in Manhattan for the big reveal in Times Square, and although it's going to be a quality product that felt good in hand and a phone jam-packed with a lot of bells and whistles, most of those bells and whistles (at least software-wise) are eventually coming to the GSIII sometime this year. So I am good. As long as it keeps being supported, I am fine. As I have said to many of my friends that can remember the early 2000's, the Galaxy S3 is the Nokia 3390 of this cycle, meaning this phone is EVERYWHERE! Best Buy in my area already has GS4 covers and holsters in stock, which had a lot of people in the store asking the salespeople "When are you getting the GS4?", but I told them as long as you have the GSIII, you are good. It's still a powerful beast of a phone. And I will continue to enjoy it.

Everyone seems to get caught up in this cycle of Get-a-New-Phone/ Love-the-New-Phone/ I'm-Sick-Of-this-phone/ Need-The-Newest-Phone. It's maddening and expensive. No wonder Samsung and other companies get rich so quick. Just slow down and enjoy.(That's what SHE Said!!) :-$

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
My current contract with Verizon is now month-to-month, and I have an upgrade available, but as I pointed out in another post, I'm thinking of staying put for now and waiting for the next Nexus phone...even if I would have to switch carriers. S3 is fine for my current needs.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
My current contract with Verizon is now month-to-month, and I have an upgrade available, but as I pointed out in another post, I'm thinking of staying put for now and waiting for the next Nexus phone...even if I would have to switch carriers. S3 is fine for my current needs.

Yep, Nexus phones are nice...with the exception of the Galaxy Nexus I had. My next one is going to be another Nexus

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Yep, Nexus phones are nice...with the exception of the Galaxy Nexus I had. My next one is going to be another Nexus

I don't generally have the full disdain for Verizon that many folks around here do...but if they're not willing to give Google full control of their device's updates (as they do for Apple), then they have no business selling Nexus phones.

crysisandrew

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the S4 as soon as Verizon releases it. Just got my S3 two days ago and have 90 days to refund it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Getting the Blackberry Q10 as soon as it's available on Verizon. Going to get the 8" Galaxy Note Wifi to supplement when I want a bigger screen for games and video. I'm craving the physical keyboard of the Q10. I was a bb diehard for so long and I just can't type as quickly or communicate as efficiently on my SGS3 as I could on my old 9930 Bold. I type with a lot of special characters and punctuation and the virtual keyboard just isn't as easy. I also really want a unified inbox so all messages are in one place. Facebook, Twitter, several email accounts, sms, Google Talk, whatever - all will be in one unified box in the native app on BB.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Getting the Blackberry Q10 as soon as it's available on Verizon. Going to get the 8" Galaxy Note Wifi to supplement when I want a bigger screen for games and video. I'm craving the physical keyboard of the Q10. I was a bb diehard for so long and I just can't type as quickly or communicate as efficiently on my SGS3 as I could on my old 9930 Bold. I type with a lot of special characters and punctuation and the virtual keyboard just isn't as easy. I also really want a unified inbox so all messages are in one place. Facebook, Twitter, several email accounts, sms, Google Talk, whatever - all will be in one unified box in the native app on BB.

I was diehard BB for a while too...and admit that the Q10 is intriguing, but I'm way to into Android to go back at this point. I agree with you about a lot of stuff, but not the keyboard. I still carry a 9930 Bold for work, and my fingers have also just been too fat for BB physical keyboards (I'm one the few people who actually preferred the Storm for this reason). I also find special characters and punctuation easier to do with my swiftkey keyboard as well. I also never used a "unified" inbox with my old BBs...I like having my work accounts separate from my personal accounts, email separate from chats, etc....but that's just me. I will say this though, no one does email better than BlackBerry. I'm fortunate that I pretty much only use Gmail on my Android, but I've never liked the email clients for non-gmail accounts, but BB handles all of them with ease.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm good until the Note 3 or even the S5 barring anything that blows my mind comes out. I don't see any GAME CHANGERS coming out so I'm good with my S3 right now.

jaynole

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm good until the Note 3 or even the S5 barring anything that blows my mind comes out. I don't see any GAME CHANGERS coming out so I'm good with my S3 right now.

The rumor on that Note 3 sounds interesting. What I heard was possibly 8 cores 4@2ghz and 4@1.2ghz plus 3gigs of ram. That would be a beast.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
A nexus phone or the Sony i1. Sony specs below. Phone due out in the U.S this fall {Unlocked}

5 inch Full HD (XR5) Reality / Triluminos Display with X-Reality
S800 + Adreno 330, clock unknown ( XR5)
2 GB RAM +
32gb with micro sd slot (XR5)
8/13/16.2 Mp camera, with BIONZ mobile (XR5) ..1/1.5″/1.1.6 ( XR5) exmor RS. All new image processing algorithim(XR5), G Lens (XR5), Xenon Flash/Dual Led/Plasma flash.
Said to beat all Android cameras
S Master Walkman mobile (XR5)
Liquid Magnetic Mobile Speaker
3000 mAh battery +(XR5)
Glass + Metal body with Carbon Fibre (XR5)
Android 4.2.2/whatever the next version is
IP58 certification
New Revamped UI

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I think I will keep my S3 for as long as I can. It is capapble of everything I could possibly want and there are plenty of Roms and mods to try. I really wasn't all that impressed with the Galaxy S4 (except for the camera :) ), though I would absolutely LOVE to have a Jellybean 4.2 TOUCHWIZ rom like what's on the GS4. Though I suppose it's only a matter of time until somebody ports it over for the S3.
And besides, I would hate to have to learn all the ins and outs of another phone all over again.
If I was to get a new phone it would be the Note 2.... I want one bad.

Fields3212

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It's insane how far smartphones have come over the last few years. There are so many awesome android devices to choose from its mind blowing. Its crazy how you can buy the best cell phone out and 3 to 6 months later it's obsolete. The s3 had a great run, held its own for a year which is pretty good. I'd have to say the fact that I just got my s3 a couple months ago that buy the time I'm do for an upgrade I'll be getting the s5 or maybe even the s6 which will have specs that are 2 to 3 times as good as the best phones are now. After a while I don't see how you will be able to tell the difference, at the rate the hardware is going the only place to improve upon and notice any difference will be the software.

Posted via Android Central App

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking S4 *IF* they have a 32GB or 64GB RAM version. Buying a $600 phone, even at upgrade pricing for $199, that only has ~8GB RAM free for apps is just not OK with me. I f they really only have 16GB versions, I will wait and see what the Note 3 looks like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome