Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RickG.
  • 2 Post By AxlMyk
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Spare battery and charger

I am looking for feedback from anyone who swaps out their batteries daily to see if the flimsy battery door holds up on the S3. I looking to purchase the spare battery and charger but a little afraid that with daily battery swap out the battery door might break.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

Default Re: Spare battery and charger

I don't know about it being "flimsy", but I also don't think it'll stand up to having the back removed/replaced every day for two years.
    Of course, I can't imagine the need to swap the battery every day either. Don't you ever sleep? That's when my phone charges, and under most circumstances it lasts a majority of the day, or I just plug it in when I get home, etc.
    I realize that this isn't a direct answer to your question, but if you're really worried about battery life, check out 7000 Mah Samsung Galaxy s3 battery for $31
    (7000 Mah Samsung Galaxy s3 battery for $31)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

romiust likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    I am looking for feedback from anyone who swaps out their batteries daily to see if the flimsy battery door holds up on the S3. I looking to purchase the spare battery and charger but a little afraid that with daily battery swap out the battery door might break.
    Get an external battery. Plug it in for a while, and let it charge a bit.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE
    SweetSaudade and Notsosure like this.

Have to agree - I got this external battery (Amazon.com: uNu Enerpak Tube 5000mAh USB External Battery Pack: Cell Phones & Accessories) (I got it cheaper from Woot.com a couple of months back) and I LOVE it. It would be a nightmare to take my Otterbox cover off every time my battery runs low so this has really saved me, many times over. And since it's 5000 mAh it can charge my phone and help out a friend whose phone might be running low as well. You can get smaller ones too if this one is too large. But it's really great and I can't recommend it enough.

ROM
    Stock

I think as long as you make sure the spare battery is properly sized you shouldn't have an issue. I'm a big battery swapper, only time I ever had a problem was with a battery that was too big.

Posted via Android Central App