Dropped my GS3 and now screen inoperable.....Need Help....

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Accidentally dropped my GS3 and you can't even tell where it hit. Screen looks fine but is not responsive to the touch. The home button and the 2 buttons at the bottom of the screen work, but I can't pull the screen down from the top or open any apps on the screen. I have done multiple batter pulls and still not working. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Bryan

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It's possible that one of the connectors to the digitizer (which is bonded to the glass) got knocked loose. If so, it should be a pretty easy repair for someone who's knowledgeable. I could mean the digitizer is damaged, and needs to be replaced. While it's theoretically possible to separate the digitizer from the glass and replace only one part, I have the impression things never work quite like they should:

To get an idea what disassembling the phone to replace the screen involves, check out this: This is why you never want to break your smartphone screen | Android Central

Assuming you don't want to try to take the phone apart yourself, your options are to send it to Samsung for repair (not covered by warranty) or to find a 3rd party repair service. Google can help with that.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Called VZW tech support and since there aren't any visible signs of damage to the phone they are sending me one out tomorrow under warranty. Have to figure out how to do without a phone for 2 days until the new one comes in.

Bryan

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Only suggestion I have is to purchase a case to help prevent this from happening again. I use the holster/case combination and that has helped my phone survive a few drops.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2