Cant send any text messages.

bawths

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Gosms for about six months now and I decided to switch to Chomp sms because it has all the Emojis. When i switched though my messaging app has been freezing after opening any conversation, so I decided to delete all my messaging apps (gosms & chomp sms). I'm still having the same problem with the stock messaging app, and now started deleteing every conversation something i have never done since i got my phone about 8 months ago. I have sucusfully deleted all my conversations ranging from 1-1500 messages, but I cant delete a conversation with 25,000. Every time i do my messaging app freezes.

So i need to know what you guys think. Do you think that my messaging app is freezing because i have such a large conversation and if so how can i delete it? (I also tried using History Eraser)

PS: I know i can factory reset but i dont want to lose all my saved game files.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The app is Freezing with that many messages. It is painful, but from what I have read you will have to go into the thread and delete each message separately till you get it to a manageable level. There are settings within the messaging app to set how many messages to keep. There are problem with this also. If you get to the limit and receive a message and it deletes the oldest, sometimes you do not get a notification of new message. You may want to use an app like SMS Backup and Restore and backup your messages weekly and then delete all messages threads in the future.

bawths

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully this will help someone else who has this problem. So i downloaded about 5 apps that delete messages and i found one that worked! its called SMS Backup & Restore. To delete a 25,000 conversation it took around 45 minuets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer