Galaxy S3 Bricked/Rooted? I have no clue!

jmjamis

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I had just recently gotten back from a friends house, and last night, my phone kinda just shutdown. Nobody did anything to it. (Not that I know if, at least) And It wouldn't turn on. So my friend said it was either bricked, or completely dead. So we decided to let it charge for the night. He tried to put it into recovery mode, but he didn't know that you had to push the home button as well. (Since he has a Nexus 7) Anyways, we tried to turn it on, and we pulled it off the charger, and the charger out of the wall. And once we took it off the charger my Galaxy S3 wouldn't turn on. I told him it was at 100% battery, and that I hadn't touched it at all that night, and he took my word for it. So I got home, less than 2 hours ago, and I have found it, my symptoms are:
============================================================
# 1.Phone boots and shows the Samsung screen and then it automatically turns off.
# 2.The phone keeps on restarting (with vibrations) after the Samsung logo appears.
# 3.The phone is totally dead, unresponsive or no visible signs of life.
============================================================

I have no clue about any of this, as this was my first "smartphone", and I got it for my birthday, with no contract. Please help! I can post pictures, if I can find anything to use.

(It will not go into recovery mode either. It will do the same thing as # 1. does!)

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Bad battery? It dose boot up normally until you take it off the charger?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jmjamis

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Bad battery? It dose boot up normally until you take it off the charger?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
It boots up normally.
Thanks! I will try that out as soon as possible! My friend has the same phone as me, so I will see if he can do that for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463