Unhide or locate hidden apps from

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I used the Hide feature on the all apps screens. Now I cannot find a way to un-hide them. To hide an app I tapped the app screen button and I get to see my pages of apps. I hit menu button and select hide applications. You can then choose which app icons to hide. I unfortunately want to find a couple of app icons I hid and cannot figure out how to. If you are confused I will try and take a few screen shots tomorrow and post them here.

Thanks to all ahead of time.

Posted via the new and improved Android Central App

rswain64

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I used the Hide feature on the all apps screens. Now I cannot find a way to un-hide them. To hide an app I tapped the app screen button and I get to see my pages of apps. I hit menu button and select hide applications. You can then choose which app icons to hide. I unfortunately want to find a couple of app icons I hid and cannot figure out how to. If you are confused I will try and take a few screen shots tomorrow and post them here.

Thanks to all ahead of time.

Posted via the new and improved Android Central App

Open app drawer, hit menu then scroll down past hide applications and you will find show hidden applications.

resourcemaximizer

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I've got you beat for stupid questions. I don't see an "apps drawer". When I pull up applications, there are no icons listed for two that I just downloaded. If they are not showing up in the apps list, how do I access them?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
8e2aga7e.jpg
This grid of 4x4 dots takes you to the Apps Drawer.
If you're not seeing two apps that you just installed, perhaps they're not apps, but widgets? Once the Apps Drawer is open, select the Widgets tab up at the top.
If not, what were the names of the two apps that you just installed? (This ShareMyAppsDonate: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.mattlary.shareMyAppsDonate is a great little app for generating a list of all of your apps, along with their Google Play Store links.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

mstina60

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/13/8e2aga7e.jpgThis grid of 4x4 dots takes you to the Apps Drawer.
If you're not seeing two apps that you just installed, perhaps they're not apps, but widgets? Once the Apps Drawer is open, select the Widgets tab up at the top.
If not, what were the names of the two apps that you just installed? (This ShareMyAppsDonate: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.mattlary.shareMyAppsDonate is a great little app for generating a list of all of your apps, along with their Google Play Store links.)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

My icon for the apps drawer has disappeared from my nexus 7. I can't access any apps that are not on my home page? How can I get my apps drawer icon back?

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
My icon for the apps drawer has disappeared from my nexus 7.
A good start would have been to post in the Nexus 7 forum, since that platform is rather different from the S3.

But since you're here - it's pretty difficult to delete the Apps Drawer icon. Are you using a 3rd party launcher?
Have you tried restarting the N7?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

cel8

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
My app drawer icon was also lost. My phone has a nova launcher and I think my 4 yr. old son had unintentionally hid all my apps there and I can't retrieve them.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Shelley Keys

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I am trying to unhide apps on a Galaxy S3 as well. I knw Kik and Instagram and other are installed but they are not listed under apps. I tried to go to the drawer but unhide is greyed out. Any other ideas? Desperate here :)

Terrorvision

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Half an answer anyway.
Ive done what everyone here has done and because im using a full theme cant find the menu in my apps drawer.
What I can do though (and you all should be able to as well) is create my own button for any existing app hidden or not
Hope that helps

bouldo

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
A workaround I found on Bento /Android -
Go to the Play Store and search for the app -
you will then see a 'Open' button click it - now the app is open you can unhide it using one of the methods previously mentioned.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I hide secret app is hide and I lost my dilling nob so how I can open it

Welcome to Android Central! It would help to know which phone you have, and if you used a native option to hide the app vs a 3rd party solution. Also, what do you mean by "dilling nob"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20