Sync error really?

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to figure out why I'm getting this sync error message I tried clearing the cache and data then taking my Google account off and putting it back on my phone its driving me nuts.. Need help..appreciate it thank you.. See attached

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368232614208.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368232614208.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 62

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well, in your screenshot you don't have a great WiFi signal, but I suppose it should work.
Have you tried the same thing using the mobile data connection?
Perhaps you could try unchecking most of the items in the list and then see if the sync is successful; if it is, re-enable one at a time until you identify the problem child.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
You may have a corrupted contact. Look for an app called Contacts Sync Fix in the Play Store. I had this issue and that app fixed it.

If that doesn't fix it, removing and readdding your Google account should work but I would try the app first.

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
The app didn't work so explain the next step please?

Go to Settings, Accounts, Google. Click on the Google account, this takes you to the same screen you attached on your first post. Scroll to the bottom and there should be a Remove Account button.

To readd the account, go to Settings, Accounts and add the Google account again.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I did this already man I tried that it didn't work unfortunately.. Any other suggestions?

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I said it in my first post.. Nothing seems to work and this just started happening a few days back

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I provided other suggestions - did you try that? If you can determine which item is causing the sync problem, then depending on what it is we can suggest follow up steps.
For example, if something is jacked up with your contacts, then you could try logging in via a web browser and looking at your contacts online to see if something is messed up.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand what would be messed up... It was perfectly fine until a few days ago...

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
there's no corrupt contacts or anything like that..this is so frustrating I cannot seem to narrow it down..and im not hard resetting my phone because i have too much important stuff on it..and of course Verizon is clueless..the usual..

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried unchecking the Contacts item, and did the sync then proceeded normally or did it error out on a different item?
If it proceeded normally then there's either a problem with the Contacts database online or on the phone, regardless of whether the contact information that you've looked at appears to be valid.
Until you can provide some further information about where it's getting hung up in the sync process, it'll be difficult to assist you with troubleshooting.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
my contacts go away and then come back on and off..i tried unchecking an rechecking everything..the pic i provided above should specify my issue and it just keeps coming up with that error message...i go to uncheck the box and then check it off and it keeps coming up with that message....and how can i do a contact sync and then proceed with syncing if the box is unchecked?..how does that make sense?

carlos31820

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
O
..how can i do a contact sync and then proceed with syncing if the box is unchecked?..how does that make sense?

I think he meant for you to uncheck contacts to see if the rest of your Google accounts succesfully sync. When I had this issue, my corrupted contacts (3 of them) looked fine online so it was hard to troubleshoot. I know the Contacts Sync Fix app didnt work for you nor did deleting the and readdding the Google account.

Have you tried removing the Google account AND clearing the data for the Contacts Storage app (Settings, Application Manager, All) ? This would ensure the phone contacts get truly wiped out. I would then restart the phone. Then readd the Google account.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368442228163.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368442228163.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried that too man..clearing the contact storage and all that...I work for at&t for a living so I know a thing or 2 about that.. However nothing seems to be working for me :confused:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I can suggest is to use an alternate mechanism, like Verizon's Backup Assistant +, to backup your contacts, and then totally nuke the contacts information from your phone and then see if Google will restore them correctly. If it doesn't, then go online and nuke the contacts from the Google side, then use Backup Assistant + to restore them. Alternately, you could use something like:
Easy Backup: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.mdroidapps.easybackup
Helium: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup
MyBackup Pro: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupPro
if you don't trust the Verizon application.

angus242

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue on my Sprint Note 2. Turned out it was my calendar (with 3 Google accounts). When I unchecked calendar from each account, the sync would work fine; no more sync is down error.

I uninstalled and reinstalled calendar and everything is back to normal.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If you can elaborate on how Verizon solved the problem that may be helpful to someone who reads this thread in the future.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
What you have to do is go into settings...app manager...and scroll down to backup+Media...and click on force stop....VZW customer care rep refreshed everything on there end and i powered off my phone and powered it back on and the sycn error messages was gone!!..:cool:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue on my Sprint Note 2. Turned out it was my calendar (with 3 Google accounts). When I unchecked calendar from each account, the sync would work fine; no more sync is down error.

I uninstalled and reinstalled calendar and everything is back to normal.

That is bizarre. I've had the same issue. I just unchecked calendar sync, and contacts synced without error. Rechecked calendar, and it synced fine. Will see what happens with contacts moving forward.