Partial text messages being sent?

Greg DeCoursey

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I have heard from a few of my friends that my entire text is not going to them. Sometimes it's just the first half and on some, it's just started half way through. Has anyone heard about this or experienced it. As far as I can tell, they (my contacts) were all on an iPhone and on ATT. Any help would be appreciated.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you sending SMS (160 characters or less) or MMS?
Do you have a solid cellular signal (say, at least 3 bars)?
Which messaging app are you using?

What you describe certainly isn't a common problem, although I have read gripes about sending to the iPhone infrastructure.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

The SuperUser

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me lately, and only to people with iPhones. It's been jumbled up, or doesn't send at all fully.
It only happens over 160, so my intuition tells me it's that. I have used different messaging apps.

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
A few weeks ago this happened to me while texting my sister, who also has an S3. Drove me CRAZY! After about 10 re-attempts at sending various portions of texts I finally realized I could just call her and tell her what I was trying to say.. *facepalm* No clue what happened and as far as I know it hasn't happened since. So weird..

mariesetele

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
My text messages are only partially being received. The receiving phones are GALAXY phones. My carrier is T-Mobile, the others have Verizon. Is this a problem with my Nexus 4 or my carrier?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol