New Galaxy s3 user, battery issues.....

Nuttz565

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I have been using a iPhone 5 for the past couple months. I could always get a full days use with the phone, usually getting about 6-7 hrs of actual phone use. So far on my GS3 on Verizon the battery is a huge let down. Now from what I read I should be getting at least what I was getting on my iPhone 5 in terms of battery usage. I know everyone has different usages and this will vary greatly but mine seems bad. Here are some screenshots. I was on wifi for about 75% of the time mainly just browsing the internet.Auto brightness is enabled. I would if possible like to get a full days usage out of my phone with out having to do all kinds of crazy adjustments everyday. Let me know what you think on these battery times I got and if this is acceptable usage in the battery department. Thanks

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
That's not great, but between 3 hours of screen time and a pretty weak signal most of the time, it's not terrible, either. That big screen on the S3 uses a lot more power than the little iPhone screen. I find I can comfortable use the phone indoors at brightness levels well below what auto sets it too, and that can make a big difference. And even though you're on WiFi the phone is still connected to the cellular network for voice and SMS, so a weak cellular signal does make a difference.

Nothing in your screen shots point to any sort of application issue.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
That's not great, but between 3 hours of screen time and a pretty weak signal most of the time, it's not terrible, either. That big screen on the S3 uses a lot more power than the little iPhone screen. I find I can comfortable use the phone indoors at brightness levels well below what auto sets it too, and that can make a big difference. And even though you're on WiFi the phone is still connected to the cellular network for voice and SMS, so a weak cellular signal does make a difference.

Nothing in your screen shots point to any sort of application issue.

Yup this and looks like ur GPS was on that drains battery like crazy too if on all the time. Weak cellular signal will kill ur battery as well!

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

D850

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
first thing to check is in settings go to more settings then mobile networks and network mode is on GLOBAL you need to change the network mode to CDMA/LTE/EVDO. Global will drain the heck out of your battery. Also set the weather and email apps to manual sync or sync when you open it. Also set the display to auto brightness. and turn off things like wifi, gps, bluetooth and stuff like that when you aren't gonna be using it that will save juice to. Backup assistant plus will also drain the battery if you don't use it you can disable it by going in to the settings and then to application manager click on Backup+media and clear data and clear cache and that will stop it from constantly trying to backup. and just use you google account to backup your contacts and stuff. Hope this helps during the work day I make a couple calls and surf the net on my breaks and play angry birds and some netflix. typically I get home with anywhere from 40-75% battery left and on the weekends I can go a whole weekend to almost a weekend depending on use.

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issues...my battery doesn't even make 9 hours and it is chirping to get plugged in....how can I figure out what is killing it?

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I dont have battery problems but your screen usage seems high. I can average 9-13 hours out of my phone. Then if it dies I just turn on my Mophie battery pack for another 10 hours. Most of my time is done with cellular talk time.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2