Weather apps (stock and 3rd party) don't update location

Droid 4 Me

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So... I've tried using the stock weather so and have downloaded multiple weather apps, but each time I try to set my location to update automatically, it fails. It tells me I'm in Boston, MA (Medford to be exact) when really, I'm in Derry, nh or Merrimack, nh.

I've tried with my GPS turning on and turned off, no luck either way. I can put manual locations in, but no auto update.

Any ideas? It's happen with like 4 different apps, not just an app problem, has to be a setting or system problem...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368658762460.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368658762460.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 22

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't it get the location off the cell tower? I know when I used the Broadband gateway it told me the wrong info all the time because it was pulling off the gateway information.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 2.

Droid 4 Me

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's possible, but there are closer towers to Merrimack, NH than Medford, MA. Like Manchester, NH, at least.

I was always under the impression it used Location Services.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What happens if you're connected to WiFi?
Do you normally leave GPS turned on?
Your screenshot shows that you have "Google location services" enabled - do you leave that on the whole time?
If you use something like Google Maps (with or without the GPS enabled), is your location shown correctly there?
You could use something like GPS Test: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.chartcross.gpstest&token=QM5UJaSm to ensure that your GPS receiver is working and the satellite almanac is updated.uploadfromtaptalk1368737508051.jpgSent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issue lately after an update from the app RADAR NOW! I have used it forever but suddenly it could not find my location anymore. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. To fix it I did what was suggested above, and it works perfectly now. Thanks GSDer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney