1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy White washed colors and black line on screen, can it be fixed?

My cat knocked my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) off the counter onto tile earlier today. When I checked the screen there were no cracks but the colors are now really white washed and dull and there is a black line going across the screen of, I'm assuming, dead pixels? Is there any way to fix this? It's a brand new phone, but I had been having pixel issues with it previously, which, ironically, the drop fixed.
    Last edited by Chirara; 05-22-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Default Re: White washed colors and black line on screen, can it be fixed?

No insurance? That would be the best route.
    There are screen replacements that you can purchase, but I can't recommend a particular source. You'll want to search online for phone teardown to check out videos if you intend to do it yourself.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Chirara View Post
    My cat knocked my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) off the counter onto tile earlier today. When I checked the screen there were no cracks but the colors are now really white washed and dull and there is a black line going across the screen of, I'm assuming, dead pixels? Is there any way to fix this? It's a brand new phone, but I had been having pixel issues with it previously, which, ironically, the drop fixed.
    How old is the phone? Are there visible cracks or other damage seen by the naked eye? Do you have any insurance or is it within 1 year warranty?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have insurance on it, I think I'm going to try and get it replaced.
    Thank you!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by rxgadget View Post
    How old is the phone? Are there visible cracks or other damage seen by the naked eye? Do you have any insurance or is it within 1 year warranty?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    It's literally a brand new phone, a few weeks old at best. No cracks/damage/scratches. I have insurance on it, and a couple people have been telling me to just get it replaced since I've had screen issues with it since taking it out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirara View Post
    It's literally a brand new phone, a few weeks old at best. No cracks/damage/scratches. I have insurance on it, and a couple people have been telling me to just get it replaced since I've had screen issues with it since taking it out of the box.
    I agree. Since a few weeks old you should be able to do a 1 time swap for another brand new one rather than waiting list and dealing with a refurbished device.