Verizon to release Major Software Update

Bebusy

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I tried to swipe to call and it didn't work. Glad I'm not the only one. This update wasn't worth the problems it's causing.

Posted via Android Central App

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I tried to swipe to call and it didn't work. Glad I'm not the only one. This update wasn't worth the problems it's causing.

Glad it wasn't just me either... Hoping they fix it though. I used it all the time :(

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Please help! I got my update on my S3 and for the 2nd day in a row, I have to plug my phone in to charge it by 7pm. I have never had to do this before since I owned my S3 (when it was first released). Usually I have about 20-30% battery life left by the time I go to bed at midnight!

I have turned off the called ID and uninstalled it and turned off the dual screen mode. I have the battery saver mode activated like usual too. Any other suggestions? I am thinking of calling VZW tomorrow to see if they have any other thoughts but I have a feeling they won't. The sad thing is that I use my phone lightly AND I have been getting ready to pass it down to my daughter, who has a Nexus and has very short battery life. I have been telling her how much better the S3's battery is (she uses the phone much more as a typical teenager). Now I am worried that she will not be able to make it past 1pm with this phone either! UGH. I am so upset.

Katherine

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Please help! I got my update on my S3 and for the 2nd day in a row, I have to plug my phone in to charge it by 7pm. I have never had to do this before since I owned my S3 (when it was first released). Usually I have about 20-30% battery life left by the time I go to bed at midnight!

I have turned off the called ID and uninstalled it and turned off the dual screen mode. I have the battery saver mode activated like usual too. Any other suggestions? I am thinking of calling VZW tomorrow to see if they have any other thoughts but I have a feeling they won't. The sad thing is that I use my phone lightly AND I have been getting ready to pass it down to my daughter, who has a Nexus and has very short battery life. I have been telling her how much better the S3's battery is (she uses the phone much more as a typical teenager). Now I am worried that she will not be able to make it past 1pm with this phone either! UGH. I am so upset.

Katherine

Try an app called Juice Defender :) it really helps with increasing standby time

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Please help! I got my update on my S3 and for the 2nd day in a row, I have to plug my phone in to charge it by 7pm.
You are not alone. Same thing here, and I don't want to install another program just to monitor the battery.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Katherine

The other thing to check is your network. It reset mine to global. I know with the last update when they activated the global mode it really messed with battery life. Try setting it back to LTE/CDMA/EVDO mode to see if it helps I did this last night and will report of it helps again like it did with the last update.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I get no 4G at work or no signal at all now. The volume decreased to almost 50% since the update. My 4G signal is now bipolar. Not good

Bebusy

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Anybody getting any word from Verizon or Samsung as to a fix for the data and other issues this pos update has given us?

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I removed the app from the link inside the app, then noticed it was still in applications list so I had to disable it also.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Dang it! I wish I had not installed the update. I am sooooo mad now. I am at 25% battery right now and it's only 3pm and I have BARELY used my phone. I changed the global network to CDMA, thank you for suggesting drmaf. I rebooted the phone after and it has def not helped. I also uninstalled a bunch of little games (Tetris, Tiny Tower) even though I have had those on my phone forever and hardly play them and I had fine battery power beforehand even with them installed. Basically I now have almost nothing installed except Amazon Kindle! What a joke.

I can't believe I am not going to be able to make it through my days anymore with this phone. AAAAAAAH! I am so furious right now.

Oh and of course I called Verizon and guess what they suggested? Just what they ALWAYS suggest when there is an issue with a cel phone. Clean wipe the whole thing and reinstall everything. ARGH. They seriously have never given me any other help. Not even on level 2 tech support. Good grief!