Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By turtlegrrl
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Default The new gallery app.. thoughts?

I was wondering what you guys think about it.. I thought the spiral view is pretty cool!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The new gallery app.. thoughts?-uploadfromtaptalk1369932180225.jpg  

Default Re: The new gallery app.. thoughts?

Not as into the spiral mode as where you can flick the folders away and increase the number of pics dispayed. I am sure there is a better explanation of what I am talking about.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    nyry likes this.

I like the new gallery. I like how easy it is to go through the different folders. :thumbup:
    theblowersdaughter.com

I really like the new Gallery. I think it's just easier to navigate. The spiral view and other is just sort of to show off vs. iPhone users
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Photo_Drew View Post
    I really like the new Gallery. I think it's just easier to navigate. The spiral view and other is just sort of to show off vs. iPhone users
    I concur...much nicer

After the Verizon update my Gallery pretty much has ceased to work. Every time I go into it, it just freezes regardless of what function I try to do. It looks cool though, the one or two seconds I'm able to play with it before it freezes

MUCH Better in my opinion.

Little things like adding a delete button to the top when you are viewing a pic was one of those "little things" I always wished the gallery had. Much easier to view pics and navigate through them. Spiral not really into but I guess its cool to have options. Overall, I'm VERY happy with the new gallery app.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Yes, I like that you an create new folders (finally) and move or copy photos to other folders! It looks cool when you select a bunch of photos to move and then drag them and they folow your finger Its over all a cleaner look too.

You can actually see the thumbnails.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

To me, there is a great waste of functional space. Now every thumbnail is smaller for no apparent reason other than to create "fancy" animation that adds very little value beyond the three seconds of "that's cool..." OK... that's cool. I am impressed that some very talented, under-paid programmer in <put your favorite developing nation here> was able to do this....Now give me back larger thumbnails without the black background.... Thumbs sideways to down from me -1.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by oldAGE View Post
    To me, there is a great waste of functional space. Now every thumbnail is smaller for no apparent reason other than to create "fancy" animation that adds very little value beyond the three seconds of "that's cool..." OK... that's cool. I am impressed that some very talented, under-paid programmer in <put your favorite developing nation here> was able to do this....Now give me back larger thumbnails without the black background.... Thumbs sideways to down from me -1.
    You might think im crazy for saying this but 2.2 stock gallery is still my favorite lol.. simple interface, large thumbnails, fast, and good use of space

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

OK... I do agree that adding file controls is long over due. No doubt. I have gotten so used to using ES File Explorer that I completely over-looked the fact that they finally built in folder management and the like. Thumb goes more towards sideways for now....

I was at a concert last night taking pictures with my phone and then of course posting them to my various social media sources, and that was the first time I opened the gallery since the update the night before. I have to admit it caught me off guard and it was very fancy. Does it work any better than before? I don't think so, but it sure is flashy.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

I was annoyed with the smaller thumbnails as well but found if you pinch zoom in on them they have a larger size. I wish there were more options though, like picking which way to scroll and selecting multiple in a row quickly. I will stick with quickpic for now still.

Posted via Android Central App

This^

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,744 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Hate the new gallery. The main screen looks like it's from 1978. I'm expecting a little space ship to come onto the screen, spinning and firing digital dot bullets at the albums. Thank god it's only on my wife's sgs3 as I'm rooted and running CleanROM.

The way it was displayed did not bother me before but I am loving that fact that you can actually organize/make filders. Talk about a great feature!!

I just received my CLNR phone and is there a way to get the gallery like it was with the update? Since my CLNR doesn't have the newest update it doesn't have the new gallery and I want that back lol
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by mrtwohands View Post
    I just received my CLNR phone and is there a way to get the gallery like it was with the update? Since my CLNR doesn't have the newest update it doesn't have the new gallery and I want that back lol
    Nope lol its because there have been so many complaints about the multiview update and how it had tons of problems that verizon pulled it, and is working on a fix in the form of another update

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by nyry View Post
    Nope lol its because there have been so many complaints about the multiview update and how it had tons of problems that verizon pulled it, and is working on a fix in the form of another update

Well ****. That is what I figured but I did not want to believe it lol. Thank you for the reply!!

It will take a little time to get use to. it's okay. sometimes it's sluggish to use
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by mrtwohands View Post
    Well ****. That is what I figured but I did not want to believe it lol. Thank you for the reply!!
    No problem I think you should know though that a new update is being pushed to verizon gs3s right now, so alot of people are assuming that its an update to fix bugs from the multi view update

Quote Originally Posted by nyry View Post
    No problem I think you should know though that a new update is being pushed to verizon gs3s right now, so alot of people are assuming that its an update to fix bugs from the multi view update

Well that's weird that it bleeped out my word. It was not even a bad word lol. Yeah I just saw that the new update was out but I think I will wait about a week or so before I update just to make sure that it is up to par . I do miss the new gallery alreay though. Being able to create folders is a big thing for me