1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile

Hi. I've recently purchased a Verizon S3 from a private owner who assured me that the phone was fully functioning on T-Mobile. I can make and recieve calls on the phone but I can't recieve mms or browse the web without wifi. I have superuser and believe the phone is rooted. Please help

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile

if its the SCH-I535 you can not use on gsm. tmobile or att

The way i have found to get data working is use apn manager and add the apns for t mobile in your phone there are lots of videos about it on youtube

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I have recently switched my Verizon Samsung s3 to a t-mobile network. The phone is unlocked and i can make calls and text but Verizon has disabled the ability to change apn numbers on this phone. Is there anything I can do?
    Thanks!

Use apn manager and convert it to a system app with
    Titanium backup pro that is how I did it look up the apns for t mobile with google
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Not really sure but the Sim card for Verizon is for LTE only and not GSM. The Titanium backup suggested by Stephen is for Rooted phones only. The only way you may get it working is to Root, but no guarantee.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram

I had the same exact problem. My phone is not even rooted but unlocked! At least when I run Titanium on it, it said that it has not rooted! But I just went to setting>>more settings>>mobile networks>>Access point Names>>press menu button>>Add a new Access point
    Enter Data as:

Be sure your setting is Global and Roaming is active (You can deactivate Roaming later)
    Hope it help you

i cant get the data to work without being connected to wifi-- any help please?

It may only work on 2G witch is slow enough for the MMS and web browsing to time out. I don't know of any way myself.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram

[MOD] Add APN editor to System Settings

Try this if you have not found any other solutions. It worked for me.

Am thinking about switching carrier from Verizon to Tmobile & have G S3. It is a SCH-I535. The Tmobile website states all I need is their sim card but this forum states otherwise? Has anything changed recently?? (phone is not unlocked & not rooted)

still haven't been able to figure out a way to get data to work without being on wifi...anyone have any clue? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radhi19 View Post
    still haven't been able to figure out a way to get data to work without being on wifi...anyone have any clue? thanks
    Did you edit the apn? It is in the mobile networks menu

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Did you edit the apn? It is in the mobile networks menu

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    yea, ive changed the apn... data only works for me if it's connected to wifi

I got the data and mms working today on the Verizon S3 for Tmobile. As stated, it is only 2G Edge speeds. All I did was add the Tmobile APN settings, in Global mode. No issues after that. Didn't even have to reboot. After I entered the apn settings, and chose Tmobile in the apn list, the E symbol came right on. Hope this helps people.

Was your phone LTE capable? I have the same phone and have heard the LTE phones won't work. I am not concerned about getting fast internet as I am near wifi 98 percent of the time, but want to make sure calling/texting will work. Thinking about Net10 AT&T SIM BYOP plan. Thanks!

It really should be the APN settings, I was in Mexico and popped a telcel card in my phone (Verizon Note 2) and it would not get internet until I changed the APN settings. My phone was rooted though.

you can go to the setting-connection-more network- mobile network-access point name u gonna see on the bottom + hit it and add the apn for tmobile if u need any help I can help u

T-Mobile uses a different frequency for it's LTE. SMS will work over Wi-Fi but MMS will not. MMS requires 3/4G Data.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile can't get data to work

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 model i535 with Verizon logo. I can use it on H2O wireless (a subsidiary of AT&T) and get talk text and data with no problems.
    I changed to tmobile but can only get the talk and text to work...... no data. I have changed/added the tmobile APN without success.

Can anyone help?