Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By HalizDad
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update has been pulled!

I was literally just setting up my CLNR that I received because of the screwed up update that killed my data connection when I received a call from a Samsung technician named Brian. He was absolutely fantastic to talk to. He told me first of all that Verizon has pulled the update. He also wanted to send an engineer out to look at my defective phone to try and help pinpoint the problem so they can work on a solution. Unfortunately, I wasn't much help for him since 30 minutes before he called I deactivated the phone.
    I can tell you that they are really unhappy that this has happened. They're desperately trying to figure out what's gone wrong and trying to fix it.
    It was so nice to actually receive a call from a company. It's about time somebody is proactive!

Default Re: Update has been pulled!

I knew all those Tweets to @VZWsupport and @SamsungMobileUS would get their attention!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I just wish he had called 30 minutes earlier so I could have been more helpful. I know people are furious, but I hope that if Samsung calls needing information they give it. It won't be very helpful to yell at the person who is calling to try and help fix the situation.

That's great, but pulling it won't do much now. I imagine that 99% of the S3 owners already have it. Let's see how quick they can get a fix sent out.

I'm lost. Why was it pulled?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by socialillz View Post
    I'm lost. Why was it pulled?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Update Has Screwed Up 4G

Who knows maybe this will force Verizon to send out the 4.2.2 version to us sooner than they have planned. Samsung if they chose to could force Verizon to send us the update.

The stupid tech I just talked to didn't even know there was a issue, or that's what she said. She knew nothing of pulling this update so stop spreading these rumors. We all know Verizon takes way longer to fix issues.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

It wasn't pulled.... I downloaded it last night without realizing all the issues others were having. My wife got an S3 last night as well and I noticed her picture album layout was different than mine. Haven't had any issues yet though.

Sent from my Black_1's S3 using Android Central Forums
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Black_1 View Post
    It wasn't pulled.... I downloaded it last night without realizing all the issues others were having. My wife got an S3 last night as well and I noticed her picture album layout was different than mine. Haven't had any issues yet though.

Sent from my Black_1's S3 using Android Central Forums
    That's weird. I swear that the Samsung rep who called me told me it was pulled. I am using my CLNR and do not have the update and I won't download it for sure.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,099 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for once.

I called Verizon yesterday and they acted like there was nothing wrong with the update and denied they sneaked that stupid Caller ID program in there. They made me so mad I ported my number back to Sprint and walked out with an HTC One for the low, low cost of $0.00 with the buyback of my now-defunct S3 and the $100.00 join Sprint incentive. Yes, it's 3G, but it's actually 3G and not the 1X my S3 was giving me. I'm sure Verizon will get it fixed, but their customer service blows. I'm usually on WiFi anyhow, but when I need mobile data, I hate having to worry about how much I'm using. $68.00 a month for unlimited 3G, mobile to mobile and text with 450 minutes of landline calls after my discount. I'll probably stop in now and again, so don't throw any eggs. I hope ya'll get a fix soon. I'll be paying Verizon a $270.00 ETF as soon as they process my final bill.
    Adam Z and Scott Kenyon like this.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Yeah, like I said my wife got hers yesterday and I noticed her photo album looked different than mine. I checked and there was an update. I downloaded it last night and haven't had any of the problems being discussed. I disabled that caller id app just in case though.

@black_1

Update: weird... after disabling that caller id app, its nowhere to be found in my app tray. Like... its been uninstalled. Weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Black_1 View Post
    Yeah, like I said my wife got hers yesterday and I noticed her photo album looked different than mine. I checked and there was an update. I downloaded it last night and haven't had any of the problems being discussed. I disabled that caller id app just in case though.

@black_1

Update: weird... after disabling that caller id app, its nowhere to be found in my app tray. Like... its been uninstalled. Weird...
    Disabled apps always disappear from the app tray. Go to settings , application manager, all...then scroll down towards the bottom. That's where all your disabled apps live.

Verizon still has the update active, I checked last night. These people don't even know it's causing issues which means they'll never fix it which is what they want: people will just buy the SG4.

Posted via Android Central App
    the panda has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by droidrider View Post
    Disabled apps always disappear from the app tray. Go to settings , application manager, all...then scroll down towards the bottom. That's where all your disabled apps live.
    Yep that is the only place I find it "Disabled" along with some others I disabled.