1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Spam in pull down bar and aut install apps...HELP!

This all started this afternoon. First I noticed a little green + in my upper tool bar. Pulled it down and there was what looked like a message in the notifications. I said something about special on tuition. I hit clear, but by mistake I hit the notification. It went to a website. Closed it and went about my day. A bit later I say a notification saying a shot cut to "free apps" was installed. I went to my window and there was 4 apps installed 2 candy crush and 2 free app. I deleted all 4 of them.

Since then I have received 2 more notifications, one for "is your phone slow" and one about home loans. Also the apps have installed a couple more times.

I have not installed any new apps in a couple of week. And I have deleted a few earlier today that I have not been using.

Any ideas on what could be causing this??

Default Re: Spam in pull down bar and aut install apps...HELP!

Malware. I would wipe that phone with a factory reset

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by racermech View Post
    This all started this afternoon. First I noticed a little green + in my upper tool bar. Pulled it down and there was what looked like a message in the notifications. I said something about special on tuition. I hit clear, but by mistake I hit the notification. It went to a website. Closed it and went about my day. A bit later I say a notification saying a shot cut to "free apps" was installed. I went to my window and there was 4 apps installed 2 candy crush and 2 free app. I deleted all 4 of them.

Since then I have received 2 more notifications, one for "is your phone slow" and one about home loans. Also the apps have installed a couple more times.

I have not installed any new apps in a couple of week. And I have deleted a few earlier today that I have not been using.

Any ideas on what could be causing this??
    Install airpush optout from Play.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

You installed an app with Airpush enabled. Press and hold on the "notification" and it will tell you what app enabled it and you can delete the app.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It must of been in an update on one app. Thanks for the tip of holding the notification and then deleting that app!!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok got it fixed. Stupid little calculator widget I have had for a while. Went to the play store and quite a few people have uninstalled it because of the airpush. Thanks for the tip about holding the notification!!

I feel your pain! I downloaded what must have been the same calculator app. Those annoying notifications were driving me nuts. I uninstalled the app, no problems!

Posted via Android Central App