Spam in pull down bar and aut install apps...HELP!
This all started this afternoon. First I noticed a little green + in my upper tool bar. Pulled it down and there was what looked like a message in the notifications. I said something about special on tuition. I hit clear, but by mistake I hit the notification. It went to a website. Closed it and went about my day. A bit later I say a notification saying a shot cut to "free apps" was installed. I went to my window and there was 4 apps installed 2 candy crush and 2 free app. I deleted all 4 of them.
Since then I have received 2 more notifications, one for "is your phone slow" and one about home loans. Also the apps have installed a couple more times.
I have not installed any new apps in a couple of week. And I have deleted a few earlier today that I have not been using.
Any ideas on what could be causing this??
- 06-07-2013, 11:08 PM #2
- 06-08-2013, 12:48 AM #3
Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
Community Guidelines and also here
- 06-08-2013, 04:25 AM #4
- 06-09-2013, 12:35 AM #7
- By bhp090808 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 05-27-2013, 04:44 PM
- By frenzy757 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 03-09-2013, 07:40 PM
- By jdub174 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 10-17-2012, 06:54 PM
- By carracerz14 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 2Last Post: 05-01-2012, 08:46 PM
- By grmarco in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 0Last Post: 11-23-2011, 03:11 PM