This all started this afternoon. First I noticed a little green + in my upper tool bar. Pulled it down and there was what looked like a message in the notifications. I said something about special on tuition. I hit clear, but by mistake I hit the notification. It went to a website. Closed it and went about my day. A bit later I say a notification saying a shot cut to "free apps" was installed. I went to my window and there was 4 apps installed 2 candy crush and 2 free app. I deleted all 4 of them.

Since then I have received 2 more notifications, one for "is your phone slow" and one about home loans. Also the apps have installed a couple more times.

I have not installed any new apps in a couple of week. And I have deleted a few earlier today that I have not been using.

Any ideas on what could be causing this??
    06-07-2013 10:09 PM
    Malware. I would wipe that phone with a factory reset
    06-07-2013 11:08 PM
    This all started this afternoon. First I noticed a little green + in my upper tool bar. Pulled it down and there was what looked like a message in the notifications. I said something about special on tuition. I hit clear, but by mistake I hit the notification. It went to a website. Closed it and went about my day. A bit later I say a notification saying a shot cut to "free apps" was installed. I went to my window and there was 4 apps installed 2 candy crush and 2 free app. I deleted all 4 of them.

Since then I have received 2 more notifications, one for "is your phone slow" and one about home loans. Also the apps have installed a couple more times.

I have not installed any new apps in a couple of week. And I have deleted a few earlier today that I have not been using.

Any ideas on what could be causing this??
    Install airpush optout from Play.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3
    06-08-2013 12:48 AM
    You installed an app with Airpush enabled. Press and hold on the "notification" and it will tell you what app enabled it and you can delete the app.
    06-08-2013 04:25 AM
    It must of been in an update on one app. Thanks for the tip of holding the notification and then deleting that app!!
    06-08-2013 07:53 AM
    Ok got it fixed. Stupid little calculator widget I have had for a while. Went to the play store and quite a few people have uninstalled it because of the airpush. Thanks for the tip about holding the notification!!
    06-08-2013 09:43 AM
    I feel your pain! I downloaded what must have been the same calculator app. Those annoying notifications were driving me nuts. I uninstalled the app, no problems!

Posted via Android Central App
    06-09-2013 12:35 AM