Asurion exceeded my expectations today

wilk489

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
So recently I dropped my galaxy s3 in the lake and it was submerged in about 10ft of water for like 5-10mins until I could find it at the bottom. Tried the rice trick which got it working enough to back up my current rom and apps. Got my replacement through Asurion about a week ago and on Thrusday I noticed the camera would not focus no matter what I did so I figured maybe something went wrong when I rooted it, but same issue when I went back to stock. So Friday night at around 10pm EST I called them to see about getting another replacement, the rep I talked to was really cool, and had me go through their little factory reset and stuff. When all that didn't work she apologized for the trouble I had with this replacement, they would next day me a new phone, and I'd have it Monday. FedEx just dropped the new phone off and it blew me away they actually sent a brand new in the box S3 in Samsung box. Even had the Samsung ear buds and charger brand new and unopened. Definitely impressed me and glad my $99 deductible and $6.99/month hadn't gone to waste.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
So recently I dropped my galaxy s3 in the lake and it was submerged in about 10ft of water for like 5-10mins until I could find it at the bottom. Tried the rice trick which got it working enough to back up my current rom and apps. Got my replacement through Asurion about a week ago and on Thrusday I noticed the camera would not focus no matter what I did so I figured maybe something went wrong when I rooted it, but same issue when I went back to stock. So Friday night at around 10pm EST I called them to see about getting another replacement, the rep I talked to was really cool, and had me go through their little factory reset and stuff. When all that didn't work she apologized for the trouble I had with this replacement, they would next day me a new phone, and I'd have it Monday. FedEx just dropped the new phone off and it blew me away they actually sent a brand new in the box S3 in Samsung box. Even had the Samsung ear buds and charger brand new and unopened. Definitely impressed me and glad my $99 deductible and $6.99/month hadn't gone to waste.

I experienced similar with my last claim on my Samsung Tab 7.7 i815. The first one looked like new but one of the either vol up or down button would stick sometimes when you turned it on and was very annoying I called and they just told me they would next day me another one and when it got here it was new one in the Samsung box with all the charger etc which did not come with the first one. Had that button on the first one not been sticky I would have been happy with that one as it looked just like a new one and had ICS on it and my old one was on 2.3 which I never could get it to upgrade to ICS. I was getting ready to call Samsung about it because VZW could not get it to upgrade either and then I lost the thing at a public hot spot, like McDonald's. Now I will put CM10.1 on it in a few weeks.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
That my friend is a RARE occasion that you get something like this from Asurion.

Any customer service in any business, it all depends on who you talk to. You talk to the right person or call 10 times until you get the right person they'll send you anything you want. Their allowed to send brand new phones but a lot of them don't and are told not to because imagine the money loss if they actually did that

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude