1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default galaxy s3's Calendar has all facebook friend's birthday, how do i get rid of it?

Calendar has all facebook friend's birthday, how do i get rid of it? i tried getting rid of it in calendar and facebook settings with no success, help!. thanks. i also just received the update.
    r2t

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Default Re: galaxy s3's Calendar has all facebook friend's birthday, how do i get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyexclusive View Post
    Calendar has all facebook friend's birthday, how do i get rid of it? i tried getting rid of it in calendar and facebook settings with no success, help!. thanks. i also just received the update.
    Should be able to do it under application manager in the phone's settings. Look for calendar and click on clear data. That's the only way I could think of.

Sent from my GT-I9500
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: galaxy s3's Calendar has all facebook friend's birthday, how do i get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by r2t View Post
    Should be able to do it under application manager in the phone's settings. Look for calendar and click on clear data. That's the only way I could think of.

Sent from my GT-I9500
    I would do that but i have other important reminders/tasks on my phone though. And if i do that, will it keep re adding it self on there?
    r2t

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

I would do that but i have other important reminders/tasks on my phone though. And if i do that, will it keep re adding it self on there?
    It will only add itself back if you have the calendar sync option checked in their respective account settings, in this case Facebook.

Just uncheck Facebook calendar from list of calendars in the calendar app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 3:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by FishenFool View Post
    Just uncheck Facebook calendar from list of calendars in the calendar app.

thank you! it worked

Lol... my wife had the same problem.

Sent from 39Gb White S3 using AC Forums mobile app

I concur, you can pick which accounts your want to sync with your calendar and it should allow you to hide those events. I have had to restart my phone after altering to see the changes appear, just an after thought.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

thank you! it worked
    Glad it worked for you. One of the first things I always look at is a way to keep social sites from bombarding the CRM functionality of my devices.

Wink Re: galaxy s3's Calendar has all facebook friend's birthday, how do i get rid of it?

i am going to answer this because no one had the right answer and i just figured it out.

If you all of a sudden have a million facebook birthdays loading up on your calendar widget on your Samsung phone from the calendar widget, or probably any android based phone this is what you have to do.

1. Click on any day on the calendar. This will open up that date.
    2. You will then see the icons on the top - "Today" "Calendars" "+" and another icon.
    - Click on the "Calendars" icon.
    3. Scroll down and uncheck the box for Facebook. In my case I have all the accounts on my phone showing up, Google, Facebook, and My Outlook work email.
    4. Click Done.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:

This finally worked for me. The other ideas were not working. THANKS rjcorp.

The easiest solution I found on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) was:

- go into the Calendar
    - select the Menu button (bottom left with the two lines)
    - select Settings
    - find Calendars and uncheck the unwanted items synced
    Thanked by:
    GSDer