1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MB1 or MF1

Is it worth staying on MB1 or updating to MF1?

ROM
    CleanRom 5.0

Default Re: MB1 or MF1

Seems most people have been pretty happy with MF1, are you having problems with MB1?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

I am still using MB1. I updated to the other one that messed everything up. Got a replacement, CLNR, phone about a week ago and have no had a problem since. I am holding out on this update since MB1 is running great on my phone. The only thing I miss is the new gallery they had.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm not having any problems with MB1, I'm stock rooted. Just didn't know if one was better than the other as far as signal and battery.

I got the bad update, then the fix. No problems with either one of them..

--Tapatalk on SGS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

I got both updates and they are both killing me. I can only pull 3g in areas I had decent 4g signal before. Can I somehow flash
    the MB1 modem onto this thing now? The updated features are nice but the signal is crap for me.

You can just flash the MB1 modem, but I wouldn't recommend it (of course, I'm no expert, so take it for what it's worth). It would be much safer to flash the whole MB1 firmware and stay with that (if indeed your reception was better with MB1 than with MF1). You'll have to deal with deferring the MF1 OTA, though, unless you're rooted.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

I'm in the same boat - got the first update, it crushed my signal. Got a replacement on the original software, and now am trying to decide whether to update to the newest one or not. Hearing from others would be awesome, so I feel more comfortable moving to the newest version (or not).

I too got the "jacked up' software and had to get a "CLNR". That being said I waited quite a few days before I pulled the trigger on the latest software. For me the MF1 S/W update did not adversely affect my phone. It's performing like it did new out of the box. YMMV