MB1 or MF1

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Seems most people have been pretty happy with MF1, are you having problems with MB1?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I am still using MB1. I updated to the other one that messed everything up. Got a replacement, CLNR, phone about a week ago and have no had a problem since. I am holding out on this update since MB1 is running great on my phone. The only thing I miss is the new gallery they had.

mosfet356

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not having any problems with MB1, I'm stock rooted. Just didn't know if one was better than the other as far as signal and battery.

i2drift

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I got both updates and they are both killing me. I can only pull 3g in areas I had decent 4g signal before. Can I somehow flash
the MB1 modem onto this thing now? The updated features are nice but the signal is crap for me.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can just flash the MB1 modem, but I wouldn't recommend it (of course, I'm no expert, so take it for what it's worth). It would be much safer to flash the whole MB1 firmware and stay with that (if indeed your reception was better with MB1 than with MF1). You'll have to deal with deferring the MF1 OTA, though, unless you're rooted.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

mattmanne

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat - got the first update, it crushed my signal. Got a replacement on the original software, and now am trying to decide whether to update to the newest one or not. Hearing from others would be awesome, so I feel more comfortable moving to the newest version (or not).

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I too got the "jacked up' software and had to get a "CLNR". That being said I waited quite a few days before I pulled the trigger on the latest software. For me the MF1 S/W update did not adversely affect my phone. It's performing like it did new out of the box. YMMV