Speakers OK, but no sound??

onemoremakessix

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Dropped my galaxy s3 in water for 5 seconds. Dried it in rice, everything works fine except the speakers. I ordered received and installed the new speaker. Still doesn't work. just the occasional crackle sound, same as the old speaker. Took the new speaker back out and installed it in another S3 just to be sure i have a good part. The new part worked fine. So the speakers are good. but no sound. Cant hear calls. phone doesnt ring, callers cant hear me. no sound at all in games or playing music. when i re-boot the phone, no noise @ start up.
Any ideas how to fix it? :-\

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
callers cant hear me
Since the speakers and microphone are separate components it looks like it's affected more than just the speakers. I'm not familiar with the motherboard layout but it'll probably require replacing the whole motherboard, since I'd imagine most of the components are surface mounted.
I guess the only good news is that there appears to be quite a few folks that have broken their digitizer/LCD, so maybe you can find someone that has parts.
There's always Samsung repair...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Dirkaa

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for late reply/ resuurecting old thread. . .

Debris in headphone jack. Dust/dirt anything. Might be drop of water/residue/corrosion.
It may be that its putting your phone into headset mode thus deactivating speaker and mic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton