1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slow push email (touchdown/ActiveSync)

Has anyone experienced any latency in push email to their VZ S3 using ActiveSync? our entire company has had an issue with upwards of 10 minute delays, both on mobile data and Wi-Fi. We don't have any issues with iphone or BB10's. If you do a manual sync then push emails comes in right away for a few minutes and then the longer delays. Any ideas?

Default Re: Slow push email (touchdown/ActiveSync)

Quote Originally Posted by pbeckman1 View Post
    Has anyone experienced any latency in push email to their VZ S3 using ActiveSync? our entire company has had an issue with upwards of 10 minute delays, both on mobile data and Wi-Fi. We don't have any issues with iphone or BB10's. If you do a manual sync then push emails comes in right away for a few minutes and then the longer delays. Any ideas?
    If your whole company is having issues then it doesn't sound like a phone or a Verizon issue. Sounds like an ActiveSync server issue of some sort.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I would agree if the iphone's didn't work instantly. We have rebooted the Forefront servers and Hub/Cas servers. Also, we have three domains (exchange orgs) and all three instances have the same issue
    We have also tested the native client, on air watch, off air watch, same result.

Are you sure you are using Push and not Pop?
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

very sure. I live by my email (work in the IT field) and really need to have instant, or as close to it as possible, email. if you have a VZ Galaxy S3 using activesync can you run a test for me? Send yourself an email from a third party. see how fast you get the email. Once received, wait three minutes after you have not received and email and send yourself another test. See if you get it right away or does it take several minutes?
    Also, I have tested A Galaxy S4 on Sprint on our org and it works as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by pbeckman1 View Post
    very sure. I live by my email (work in the IT field) and really need to have instant, or as close to it as possible, email. if you have a VZ Galaxy S3 using activesync can you run a test for me? Send yourself an email from a third party. see how fast you get the email. Once received, wait three minutes after you have not received and email and send yourself another test. See if you get it right away or does it take several minutes?
    Also, I have tested A Galaxy S4 on Sprint on our org and it works as intended.
    Just did your email test on my S3. 1st email arrived 15 seconds after it was sent. 2nd email arrived 16 seconds after it was sent.