Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default my new s3 shut off on me 5 times..phone not even amonth old..

my s3 shut down on me 5 times..did a factory reset tonight and found my phone in my pocket shut off..what is going on ?..only have 5 apps and have them off..
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Default Re: my new s3 shut off on me 5 times..phone not even amonth old..

I had this problem with my original Droid Incredible. they kept sending replacements but I told them battery was always hot. They finally sent a battery after 5 replacement devices and that phone is still running today....See if that is the issue. My Gnex has a reboot every so often but I am running a custom rom.

BTW welcome to the forums.

It could be battery related
    Might even be that the battery is moving inside the phone and temporarily removing power. Take the back off the phone and see if you can duplicate the problem by trying to move the battery in all directions.
    Perhaps the back is not pressing down enough on the battery to keep it in place? You could try wedging a piece of folded up paper between the battery and back to see if that makes a difference.
    These are not solutions BTW; just trying to narrow down what the problem might be.
    You could take it in to a carrier store to see if you can try a different battery.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

got it replace and that phone did the samething..plus shuts down after taking every 3rd pics.....verizon replaced it with a S4...

Lucky for you. :beer:

Thanks for the follow up - too many people don't ever let us know what worked or didn't.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2