Questions reguarding MHL and Photosphere.

Stephen Dumbeck

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I am a noob to the smartphone and rooting scene. I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535, running the latest nightly of AKOP on Android 4.2.2.

Question 1: I have some questions regarding Photosphere. All Android 4.2.2 should have photosphere, right? Well, there is not a button for photosphere on my camera. I have the stock camera app that AKOP provides based on Google's latest released code.

I wondered if Photosphere was in with the Google apps. After rooting, I got the latest Gapps for CyanogenMod. This got Google play running on my phone but still no Photosphere.

So I did a Google search on how to install photosphere, and I get multiple links telling me about this photosphere installer on Google play store for rooted phones. When I click on the links to take me to the Google play store, I get "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.". Next, I did a search for "Photosphere" on the Google play store and found nothing.

So photosphere is NOT in the AKOP build based on Googles 4.2.2 code, is NOT with Gapps (google apps), is NOT found on the Google Play store. How do you get Photosphere?

Question 2:
What is the deal with getting MHL (micro-USB to HDMI) to work? I googled this problem as well. One website told me I to enable it with the build.prop editor. Well, I tried two different build prop editors and the line I need to edit does not exist. Another website told me there is a file I need to flash into my phone, but all the links on that website were bad. Yet a third website tells me MHL is no longer supported in Android 4.2.2, but it supported in 4.2.1. I find that hard to believe, since it is such a useful feature and so many phones can use it. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Stephen Dumbeck

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you GTWalling. Problem 1 fixed.

EDIT: That fix solved one problem, while creating a new one. Installing that file created a second camera app, so i thought "no big deal, I will just only use the new camera app with photsphere". Upon closer examination, the camera app with photosphere doesn't have any of the advance settings for my phone's camera under regular camera mode. While the camera app without photosphere has all the correct advanced settings. So I find myself with x2 different camera apps for the "stock" android camera (with identical icons), and neither one does everything I want it to.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney