Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb 32gb and no Jelly Bean download at all, I still have 4.0.4...

Am I the only person left on the planet with a Verizon Galaxy S3 32GB that has not received the Jelly Bean 4.1 download? I was just wondering. Thanks.

Default Re: 32gb and no Jelly Bean download at all, I still have 4.0.4...

yes

I believe there is one other user in BFE that has not had a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection for several months, thus ensuring that the update was not available. :-P

Have you tried searching for the update (from any Home screen, press the Menu button, select Settings, select About phone, select Software update, select Check new)?
    If that doesn't work, you could contact Verizon to make sure your phone is correctly provisioned (there were some posts about Verizon not having the correct phone type in their system).
    There have also been reports that getting a replacement SIM took care of the problem - as soon as the new SIM was activated the update was available.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4
    Thanked by:
    voylissa likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you GSDer, I have tired searching for the update many many many times...I may stop by the Verizon store and ask yet again. I kept getting it will come when it will come a few months ago. Thanks again.

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by voylissa View Post
    Am I the only person left on the planet with a Verizon Galaxy S3 32GB that has not received the Jelly Bean 4.1 download? I was just wondering. Thanks.
    You can always flash the stock unmodified official JB update through odin without a problem, whether youre rooted or not
    Just something to consider if nothing works
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

Go and get a new sim card frm the Verizon store and search for updates.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

You can also check for updates using Samsung Kies.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)
    Thanked by:

Angry Re: 32gb and no Jelly Bean download at all, I still have 4.0.4...

I am with Telus and I can not upgrade my Galaxy Note SGH-I717D either. I have been trying ever since it came out. Every time (I have done this dozens of time) I download and get Kies it says that my phone is not recognized or something like that. I have called Telus and I have talked to Samsung, they keep blaming the other and I get no help what so ever. I can not even get my info on the my computer now that Kies Air won't work. . I am so ticked it is not funny. If anyone know how I can do this without Kies could you please share with me. Thanks SGH-I717D

I finally got to the Verizon store and got a new sim card and it updated immediately. Good luck with yours. And thanks to everyone for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline Hovan View Post
    If anyone know how I can do this without Kies
    There's a tool called Odin that you can use if necessary. But you should backup everything first, and Kies is a decent choice for that, so we should probably try to solve your Kies issue.

Edit: the latest firmware that I could find is 4.1.2 - do you not have that?
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=14312

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro