S3 on Verizon dropping email

Woodstockjohn

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Occasionally, my (Verizon) Galaxy S3 does not send email even though it says it did? I have it set to BCC myself and I don't get the email. Yet, it appears in the Sent folder. Also, the other party doesn't get it either. I cannot predict when or where it will happen. The latest occurrence just happened at my house, where I have a Cisco router tied to AT&T fast internet. I also have a Verizon Network Extender for phone calls. Anyone seen this?

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No, I've seen it sit in the Outbox for days for no obvious reason, but once it moved to the Sent folder it was always actually sent.
Do these problem emails have anything in common? For example, do they all have attachments?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Woodstockjohn

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Nothing in common that I can find. Most are quick notes, e.g., "Ok." These emails never get sent. Sometimes, when I don't get the BCC, I'll just create another and send it; it usually goes. I have even gone to the sent folder and forwarded it. I'm wondering if it might be the Network Extender? I can't say for sure if it always happens in my house. I'll pay attention to that possibility. When I first bought the Network Extender a few months ago, I had trouble installing it. Finally, Verizon said the problem was on their end and had to do with the interaction of the Extender with the AT&T Internet service. It took them about 24 hours to find and fix the bug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz